Science Forums

How much money does science hypography make off you and me?

ryan2006

It is not clear how much money science hypography makes from you and me but it must be quite a bit. They have exploited my mental illness and posted it all over the internet. They don't put other people's threads in strange claims but they do a lot of advertising in my name all the while claiming that they actually have rights to exploit someones mental illness online. I encourage people to get an attorney and file a lawsuit not just because I intend too but because they have put me under a lot of stress and I have a stress disorder. My question is how much have you made on me and if the owner of this site is proud of exploiting people's illnesses online? Prepare for a lawsuit. The home I live is in my soul and I think your site is rude, offensive, and downright mean. Something your team of great scientists will have to answer for.

How much money did Hypography make off of you? Do you go around purposefully clicking ads on the website daily, for hours? No? Have you clicked even a couple of dozen ads? No? Then, everything considered, you cost Hypography money, storage and bandwidth considered. And you certainly cost our staff quite a bit of time.

Websites are rarely profitable, there is a reason why Wikipedia ran a campaign this year to raise $2 million to stay alive, and $2m is only a part of their operational costs. Now while Hypography is not Wikipedia in any way, in terms of traffic and use, it is anything but cheap, considering especially that all the expenses for the website basically come out of Tormod's pocket, yes out of money that Tormod makes on his day job for his family, running costs include the dedicated server, bandwidth, support, backup, forum software, etc. Tormod is one of the most driven people i know, because despite not knowing if he will even break even any given month, month after month he puts up the money to provide operational, reasonably quick and stable platform for people to share and discuss information. And there is always the time that goes into maintaining the server and keeping everything on it up to date, the time that is kindly donated by our moderator and admin staff to monitor for spam, trolls and to keep discussions civil and scientific, and provide answers to those seeking them, time donated by our editors that try to provide fresh, interesting content for the forum passer-bys, visitors and members. I would like to take the opportunity to thank all you guys for doing a kick-*** job.

Your question is filled with a lot of very bold statements, wrong statements

They have exploited my mental illness and posted it all over the internet
Hypography does not post anything anywhere but on this very website, and to understand what you are actually stating here, are you saying that we used your mental illness (which is a completely untrue and unsubstantiated claim) to make profit, in some sort of personal gain or to promote you?

They don't put other people's threads in strange claims
There are almost 400 threads in strange claims, by comparison you have started 43 threads including this one, of which 13 are either in strange or silly claims.

they have put me under a lot of stress and I have a stress disorder
I find it interesting that until this point you have not mentioned having a stress disorder, i just searched all of your posts, not once, which disorder in particular do you have?

An issue i am going to address in that quote, however is the claim that we have put you under stress. Hypography is a completely open community, you chose to join this community, nobody ever forced you to join, at which time you agreed to abide by the community rules, failure to abide by those rules landed most of your threads that are in strange claims, in strange claims. There has never been any contractual, verbal or other obligation for you to visit our website, other then your own interest to do so, or to participate in our community. If you felt that we were causing you stress, you could have stopped participating in discussions, and are and have always been free to leave our community for any or without any reason, yet you never chose to.

To sum the actual answer to your question up, Hypography actually doesn't profit from users, most websites don't profit, all of the ads and donations revenue goes towards the website, towards keeping it operational, towards keeping it up to date. We are, however, always looking for ways to increase profits and possibly decrease spending because that will allow us to do something to bring our users a better faster, safer, more interesting and over all better experience.

It is not clear how much money science hypography makes from you and me but it must be quite a bit. They have exploited my mental illness and posted it all over the internet. They don't put other people's threads in strange claims but they do a lot of advertising in my name all the while claiming that they actually have rights to exploit someones mental illness online. I encourage people to get an attorney and file a lawsuit not just because I intend too but because they have put me under a lot of stress and I have a stress disorder. My question is how much have you made on me and if the owner of this site is proud of exploiting people's illnesses online? Prepare for a lawsuit. The home I live is in my soul and I think your site is rude, offensive, and downright mean. Something your team of great scientists will have to answer for.

I have no idea what you are talking.

You have a stress disorder?? doesn't seem to me. because you got 15 min to type this post and any person with stress disorder wouldn't have thought so much (it stresses them in the first sentence itself).

So you purposefully stressed yourself .

Who posted what all over the internet? You have an account with Hypography and posted them because either you needed answers for your questions or wanted to answer or have a discussion with other members. So you posted them yourself in HYPOGRAPHY WEBSITE and not all over the internet(see the definition of the internet). Hypography is part of the interconnected websites, it itself not the owner of internet.

If you were sick and knew about your disease why post it on internet? weren't you aware of a so called search engine(you cant say no since you have searched millions of time others name)?If you were worried so much about your name being thrown all over internet then why post it?

If you are having stress disorder or any mental illness weren't you aware that browsing the internet or even using the COMPUTER will increase your stress by many folds?

You say E(c2)=M . Doesn't that stress you?

Very cheap................

Conversely, one might ask how much ryan2006 is costing Hypography.

We are volunteers, all of us - nobody gets paid anything to be here. We all have day jobs, and if we reduce our individual personal incomes to an hourly rate we can calculate how much of our time has been taken up in moderating threads by ryan2006, or discussions in the backroom regarding ryan2006's postings. Calculating our time and then multiplying it by the average hourly rate will give an indication of where we stand vis-a-vis the money Hypo might have made on Google ads clicked by visitors reading threads started by Ryan.

I have a feeling the former far, far outweighs the latter.

But that's actually besides the point.

This whole thread is besides the point, actually.

...and Ryan, the interwebs is a crazy place. If you really have the mental issues you refer to, then internet forums is definitely not the place to be. At best forums specifically catering for people with the mental afflictions you may suffer from - but not your everyday forum where you expect sympathy or empathy for problems which are impossible to diagnose using only keyboards and mice. You can't tell whether I've got four limbs, or whether my left arm is just one big finger. You can't tell if I've only got one head or three. You can't tell whether I'm blind and voice-typing. Thus, I can expect zero sympathy for any of these ailments amongst Hypo members, and I have only myself to blame if comments on the site are hurtful. If the site sucks from your perspective, I can only recommend that you leave Hypo. You can try your luck with lawyers, but they will only cost you money and they will send you packing after your check cleared. They will laugh in your face regarding your proposed lawsuit. All of them, without exception. I promise you.

So stop insulting our intelligence and stop visiting hurtful websites - and maybe consider looking for some help. Offline help, that is.