Science Forums

Flags on the Moon

Guest liliangrn

That must be interesting Tormod, have you posted any of the pictures?

No, sadly just about all of these images are heavily protected by copyright. :)

As far as I know, there is top secret even on info about how good the resolution of the spy & mil stuff is. True?

To a point, yes. I have no idea what the resolution is as of today, but then I am not on the list of people who'd be in the know. :)

To clear up the wall thing: Yang Li-Wei did not see it. But what happened after that was that a lot of people started discussing the myth that the Chinese Wall was the only thing visible from space.

The wall is indeed visible, as I said, if you know where and how to look. But other objects are also visible - here is a list from Space.com:

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/visible_from_space_031006.html

Guest liliangrn

Wow that's really interesting Clay. You can see the shapes of the countries, like india and the U.S.

Canada must turn out their lights at bedtime like we do here in Australia. We get a better view of the stars that way aswell. LOL

Josie

Canada must turn out their lights at bedtime like we do here in Australia.
I'd be glad if I could proudly confirm but most Canadian population is down south and that photo doesn't show the exact border!

I can't be proud of Italy either, or of Europe. What a waste!!!!!! :)

While we're on the subject of the moon.

Apollo 11's UFO sightings .......... TRUE or FALSE ?

I don't remember if it was 11 or not... To me the jury is still out. Though I am willing to consider any

input. What boggles me is how do one cross the vastness of space and not violate what we know

currently of Physics. Maybe that is our next leap in the next few millenia... ?

maddog

I don't remember if it was 11 or not... To me the jury is still out. Though I am willing to consider any input. What boggles me is how do one cross the vastness of space and not violate what we know currently of Physics. Maybe that is our next leap in the next few millenia... ?

Sadly there are only two possibilities.

One. Our current physics is correct and living in the outer arm of a galaxy, the chances are we wont be having any neighbours round for tea. We could send the invitation and our great great great grandchildren would answer the front door.

Or two, our current physics is the equivalent of discovering the wheel, in which case we have so much more to discover and short duration trips across the galaxy will be possible.

As for the UFO's, if the second possiblity is the case, then why shouldn't we have visitors, after all, if we had the technology, we'd do it.

Guest liliangrn

Hey Turtle,

That's the bunny rabbit. From the southern hemisphere we see the man upside down.

So the man's legs become the bunny's ears. Turn your head upside down and you'll see it.

Josephine

___Wow!! I mean wow! How absolutely North Hemisphere-centric of me! I never paused to consider the view of the Moon from the South half. Fascinating.

___I have read that the Chinese see a Rabbit in the Moon, but I'm not sure if it's your Rabbit liliangrn.

whoa that's really cool. watching the moon on april twentieth 2005, i wonder how many people did that. that would be a crazy statistic. i did it, but not for 2 hours. that would have been nice though. i did that...the 19th i think. what was that, monday? oy-my time perception is so off.

• 1 year later...
We are unable to see anything on the surface of the moon because of sheer scale. The moon is some 340,000 kilometers away. Even from orbit around the moon you would have a hard time seeing the Apollo hardware.

The same goes for the rovers on Mars. There are actually photographs taken from orbiting spacecraft (around Mars, of course) which shows the tracks of the rovers, where the shields impacted etc. But even then you have to know what to look for, and where.

I usually point Apollo hoax believers to Phil Plait's excellent website, Bad Astronomy:

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

I've disproven all these theoroms at this forum:

Fallen Ideas Helping The World One Idea At A Time - People landing on the moon...

Actually I am just chipping the stone...but I am doing good so far. Check it out.

I've disproven all these theoroms at this forum: Actually I am just chipping the stone...but I am doing good so far. Check it out.

Yep, because its made of Green Cheese they would have bounced! :)

Sounds like you're doing a great job of proving it was faked in that forum. Why don't you quit while you're ahead? :)

The space station is faked too,

Buffy