Understanding the user levels

Tormod

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously!

As for George W. Bush avatar idea...:D, ;), :), :hihi:, :lol:, :eek:, :eek_big:,:hyper:,:eek2:, :phones:, :shrug:, :naughty:, :evil:,

nah, it would be more like.... :) :) ;) :( :) :) :) :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :xparty: :xparty: :xparty: :xparty: :xparty: :xparty: :xparty: :xparty: :xparty: :friday:

: )

• 3 months later...

Level 3: 250 posts

User title: Understanding

All of the Level 1 and 2 perks plus

Attachment filesize: 1Mb (total)

Profile picture: 150x150 pixles, 40Kb filesize

Private message storage: 200

Can send PM to up to 5 members at a time

Can view user notes about self (that others have posted)

So how might one go about seeing notes about self?

Click on your name, choose "View public profile" and look for the User notes section.

Thanks for the response, but it didn't work. I even waited until I hit the next level, and it didn't work then either. Essentially, upon opening the public profile, there does not appear to be a User notes section available.

No worries. I was just asking out of curiousity.

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

HUh ha ha ha ha ahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe we should install that "too many smilies = instant temporary George W Bush avatar".

ha ha ha ha ahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ha ha ha ha ahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ha ha ha ha ahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ha ha ha ha ahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 10 months later...
InfiniteNow, may I trouble you to explain to me how I should upload my custom avatar? Thanks.

—Larv

Hi Larv,

I am not certain if you have enough posts to do this yet, but the process works thusly:

Click "User CP" at the top left area of the page.

There will be a series of options on the left, and you should click "Edit Avatar."

On the bottom of that page will be an area to use a custom avatar.

Select the button "Use Custom Avatar."

Option 1 is to enter the url of a picture you want to use.

Example - http://www.PictureLocation.com/picture.jpg

Option 2 is to upload one directly from your computer (just Browse and select the image file for upload).

NOTE: There are size limitations, and you'll receive an error message if the file is too large.

When done, save changes, and voila... new avatar. :hihi:

Cheers. :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...

To the admin,

I am a new user, and I sent Zanket a PM with the expectation that I could receive 1 message. However, the "Sent Item" counted as 1 message, so I did not get the reply.

So must new users send a message, then delete the sent message in order to get the reply?

Or perhaps new users cannot even receive 1 message (even if no sent items exist).

Curious.

Andrew A. Gray

Oops, now I see that the original post says that new members cannot even send a message, which is not the case.

I did send 1 message as a new member.

So apparently new members can send 1 message at a time. It is not clear if they can receive.

Andrew Gray