Science Forums

[Interview] Modest : Know Him More

Modest

Modest is one of our prized moderators at Hypography. You can always find him either sniping spammers, or cleaning up threads, after he tucks them into the right place.

He had kindly agreed to answer these questions, and after a quick probe into his mind, we present to you the results

>SO HOW MANY YEARS HAVE PASSED SINCE YOU WERE INTRODUCED TO HYPOGRAPHY?

>WHAT DO YOU DO AT HYPOGRAPHY?

Just trying to keep myself out of trouble.

>HOW WERE YOU INTRODUCED TO THIS OASIS?

Google introduced me. I was asking it a question about something or another and it recommended Hypography for the answer.

>NOW, AS HYPOGRAPHY ENTERS INTO ITS 11th YEAR, HOW HAS YOUR LIFE BEEN AFFECTED BY IT? IN OTHER WORDS HOW HAS HYPOGRAPHY HELPED YOU?

Oh, sure. Without Hypo I’d be far more addicted to The Venture Bros., Futurama, and all the other mind-numbingly addictive TV. Without Hypography I imagine myself as a half-comatose couch potato by now. With Hypo I suppose I'm a 1/4 comatose desk chair potato

>EACH DAY AT HYPOGRAPHY IS SIGNIFICANTLY DIFFERENT FROM THE OTHER DAYS. DO YOU AGREE TO THIS STATEMENT OR NOT? IF SO WHY?

I like to think so. There are always new members from all walks of life and different views on science and that’s always fun. I’m a firm believer that science bridges culture and social gaps and can be used to solve most any conceivable problem. The people and the problems can change, but Hypography is still here

>HAS HYPOGRAPHY BECOME AN INTEGRAL PART OF YOUR DAILY SCHEDULE?

Not always.

>ANY PARTICULAR REASONS FOR THE ABOVE?

Since my work is freelance I’m sometimes swamped and can’t come online for days. Other times I’ve got nothing going and I find myself spending hours a day online. So, it’s not always part of my daily schedule, but I’m a lot happier when it is.

>WHAT SUBJECT FIELDS (AS A SCIENCE) YOU PREFER TO STUDY THE MOST?

Most certainly my favorite field of study is astronomy. I like to consider the big questions and when the answers are elusive, that’s all the better.

>HOBBIES WHICH YOU LIKE?

I like building and flying model airplanes, and I’m not sure you can call it a hobby, but I have a koi and goldfish pond and I find the upkeep relaxing and fulfilling.

>HOW WOULD YOU LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW YOU?

Helpful

RapidFire

Favourite:

>Artsist ( music)

---Currently... Conor Oberst.

>Colour

---Black

>Phrase/Quote

---Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.

>Game

---Halo, I suppose.

>Movie

Serenity

>Book

---H2G2

>My Dream ..............

---To love and to be loved

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, if you want to ask him a question, do so here :naughty:

Watch this forums for interviews, of other staff members who have agreed to answer a few questions.

Regards,

TBA

For the Hypography Editorial team