Science Forums

Wandering consciences?

efrixione

Maybe I'm just going senile. This morning, at about 3am, I realized how the parallel infinite universes work. Don't ask me about mathematical formulas, I abandoned that field after I graduated from the civil engineering school back in 1974. I had a friend who was a very famous author in Europe, spoke seven languages, professor of Calculus and Philosophy, a writer, etc, etc... he gave a book me had written about infinite mathematics. A small book, but very interesting. It demonstrated that it does not matter what your formula is, when it includes infinite, the result is infinite. His theory was that there are infinites greater than some infinites.

Let me go to the point. First, I'm an atheist. Born Catholic but found too many discrepancies in organized religions. I'm not going to waste your time explaining why I abandoned this stupid belief. Remember, I'm 62, ready to kick the bucket any time.

The thing is that I was having a lucid dream when something made me believe that when you have those "close calls", almost died in an accident or a bad disease or whatever, you have just jumped (not you, your present conscience) to a parallel universe. In the other universe you were before, that was not a close call, you had died, crushed by the incoming truck or the H1N1 virus. There are other infinite universes where you have not even been born. There are infinite universes where there is no human life. More infinite universes where Earth is still a burning ball of lava and poisonous gases. Even infinite universes where Earth does not exist!

One thing what is bothering me in this scenario, if there is/would be parallel unversies..why these would be "out of sync of others"..if now in only thing what is existing and can be experienced why it would be otherwise in parallel universies.. if "in sync" you would be "now" also all in the infinite parallel universies living exactly same age but in "different scenario or combinations" or then not existing at all...but "now" would be "now" , "in sync" in all the universies

Why it would need to be a wandering conciousness? if conciousness is all what is observing then "it" would be present in all and now, it would not need to "wander" at all..