Science Forums

Questions about establishing a government

Queso

i'm a dreamer and someday if i'm rich i hope to buy a small island big enough for a small airstrip.

now if this ever happens, could i establish my own government on the island, and call it a country?

is there some kind of global bs rule where people can't do this?

and let's just say i did establish a government, does this mean i could go to those big fancy meetings with a bunch of countries?

would i even want to establish a government?....or just live on it and do whatever i want, living with a group of people who live by developing philosophy instead of physical documents? that actually sounds nicer.

Acording to the UN Charter:

Article 4

1. Membership in the United Nations is open to all other peace-loving states which accept the obligations contained in the present Charter and, in the judgment of the Organization, are able and willing to carry out these obligations.

2. The admission of any such state to membership in the United Nations will be effected by a decision of the General Assembly upon the recommendation of the Security Council.

I guess you need at last a military and some friends on the Security Council.