Science Forums

Is that a monkey on your back?

Fishteacher73

___No pets. I had several cats over the years (one named Lucky died of smoke inhalation on Friday the 13th), but I am on fixed income & I have my own food & medical bills.

___Beyond the expense, I don't like the idea of imprisoning another living thing or even being responsible for another living thing's welfare. I barely make by for myself as it is.

___I don't mind working animals, seeing eye dogs etc., but all the expense & waste on pets when so many people are starving & lack medicine. Seems somehow not right. :)

Interesting point.... cat's don't even seem to appreciate the imprisonment, making it all the more horrible :)

I actually have a cat as well, but I think the being indoors is starting to make him crazy. He's taken to showers- he jumps in the tub, turns on the water, and gets soaking wet. After which, he attempts to jump on anything electronic. I think he's either trying to get a little shock for the fun of it, or trying to kill all our appliances... :)