19 replies to this topic

#18 BrianG

BrianG

Suspended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:49 AM

brian, you can click on the math, or just hover the mouse over it and see what the code that went into it was (its quite nifty :P )

my bad on not posting the code, ooopsie :)

sout seems to have formatting issues in the math mode, you can see that it works with text mode by
[math]\text{\sout{this is crossed out!!!}} \sout{and this is not}[/math]
[math]\text{\sout{this is crossed out!!!}} \sout{and this is not}[/math]

math though has a \cancel command that is meant to do just that, so you can do [math]\cancel{lalalala}[/math]

[math]\cancel{That's exactly what I need!}[/math]

Thank you again.

#19 suresh kumawat

suresh kumawat

Thinking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:06 AM

Try Alt+248. Like so: °

Thanks friends for your suggestion it work on windows but what about ubuntu? please discuss some more tricks like "2 power 2".

#20 CraigD

CraigD

Creating

• Administrators
  • 8034 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

Thanks friends for your suggestion it work on windows but what about ubuntu? please discuss some more tricks like "2 power 2".

If you’re using a forum that supports a layout language like LaTeX:Math, such as hypography, you can use that language. The forums HTML software, then, will display your expression as a graphic your browser agrees it can display.

Examples:
  • “2 to the power of 2”: [math]2^2[/math] renders as [math]2^2[/math]
  • ”45 degrees”: [math]45^\circ[/math] renders as [math]45^\circ[/math]
You can find some pointers on using LaTeX:Math in this thread, or at many tutorial and reference websites. My favorite of these are Wikipedia's Help:Displaying a formula and John Forkosh’s LaTeX tutorial