Science Forums

SLEUTH ALERT: Einstein's weather predictions

mohicks

Dear Editor and Readers:

Perhaps you can solve a mystery for me. In about 1962 I read an article about Einstein's use of mathematical equations to predict future weather patterns. Today I need to find that article or similar information. Can you help me?

I believe that in the 40s Einstein began working on his calculations to predict effects of a planetary lineup. In this "mystery" article from my childhood, the author included Einstein's general predictions of our current weather -- Einstein predicted that the unusual storms and extremes (hot areas getting hotter and cold areas getting colder) would cease in about 2004 or 2006 and our weather would return to normal, instead of the hot and cold extremes and storms in unusual places.

I would love to reread that article and share it with friends.

Can you help me find this article or others on Einstein's et al weather predictions?

mohicks,

a warm welcome to our forums! I promised in my e-mail earlier that I would look into this for you, but I msut admit it is hard to find anything.

Well, to get anywhere at all, I think this topic has something to do with chaos theory and brownian motion.

I found this article: Testing the limitswhich does not mention weather prediction exactly but it mentions the butterfly effect.

Quite a difficult one, this. I'll keep looking, hope others will help out as well.

Tormod