Science Forums

I am sorry

Ben

My latest diatribe thread was locked (thankfully) so I just want to publicly apologize for my recent misunderstanding and consequent (and unwarranted) personal vitriol against innocent moderators.

Try to forgive me

I can easily see where the misunderstanding took place, and further appreciate that your concern was for the overall quality of Hypography. I am glad to see you back.

Bill

I can easily see where the misunderstanding took place, and further appreciate that your concern was for the overall quality of Hypography. I am glad to see you back.

Bill

Am I being too hard on Bill for feeling disappointed in him for not using this opportunity to apologize for his own role in this misunderstanding, and acting like his feces is without scent?

Yes. Why turn this into yet another stab at Bill?

Because he **** all over me in a very public way, and never bothered to offer a simple apology. ... Because actions such as his are precisely the reason you need a thread in the back room to figure out ways to attract new members and keep existing members from walking away from the site.

Not to mention the fact that he is a homo hating bigot, and I don't like people who are so hateful for no good reason. Not to mention that he ignores the science of global warming... The list goes on, and most of you know I'm right. You just dislike the fact that I'm not a coward, and I'm willing to state it openly.

If you want me to support my position, I will. It does not change the fact that I'm disappointed in Bill for not using this thread as an opportunity to apologize for his own role in the misunderstanding, instead pretending that his feces is without scent.

The list goes on, and most of you know I'm right. You just dislike the fact that I'm not a coward, and I'm willing to state it openly.

I don't know exactly what you are right about (is it calling Bill a bigot, or the smell of Bill's feces, or your failure to take your discussion with Bill in private?). You are still required to follow our rules.

Rude and offensive behaviour is not tolerated and might lead to instant banning (at the discretion of the forum staff). This includes forum posts, e-mails to users, messages in the chatroom, and private messages.