Science Forums

Wildflowers

Turtle

Caught my volunteer American Vetch patch losing its foliage and ripening its pods. Pods start flat & green, slowly plump up, darken, dry, then split in 2 and each half corkscrews to squeeze out the seeds. :photos:

American Vetch -Vicia Americana

July 7, 2013

Suburbia

Clark County Washington - Native

Edited by Turtle

Always good to wait for evening to photograph an evening primrose. :lol: These are in the wildflower bed and I may have previously misidentified them. :doh:. :photos:

Hairy Evening Primrose -Oenothera villosa

July 4, 2013

Suburbia

Edited by Turtle

Always good to wait for evening to photograph an evening primrose. :lol: These are in the wildflower bed and I may have previously misidentified them. :doh:. :photos:

Hairy Evening Primrose -Oenothera villosa

July 4, 2013

Suburbia

I agree, dusk is my favorite time of day. A good time to get out and be penitent in the dirt. Here in my area of the east coast mother nature has been very helpful this year.

With plenty of rain and sunshine for the last month. I don't think better conditions could be had in a greenhouse. So much so I have already harvested ripe cucumbers, strawberries, blueberries, and bell-banana-hot peppers. Along with many big green tomates set to ripen soon.

Usually I don't have this much so early and I'm grateful for the rain to give my well a rest. Life is good. :)

I agree, dusk is my favorite time of day. A good time to get out and be penitent in the dirt. Here in my area of the east coast mother nature has been very helpful this year.

With plenty of rain and sunshine for the last month. I don't think better conditions could be had in a greenhouse. So much so I have already harvested ripe cucumbers, strawberries, blueberries, and bell-banana-hot peppers. Along with many big green tomates set to ripen soon.

Usually I don't have this much so early and I'm grateful for the rain to give my well a rest. Life is good. :)

Penitent in the dirt. :angel2: I love that.

Your harvest is my envy. :daydreaming: What kinds of native wildflowers have you there? :rose:

• 2 years later...