Science Forums

What would happen if your town got nuked?

At my age, it would just simplify things.

--lemit

LOL misery guts. There is always Mexican drugs

BTW

moontanman

The US is the only country with the capacity to deliver a bomb to Oz- bar terrorists.

I think the Russians still have that capability

USA has Pacific bases. (is any Samoa left?).

I doubt if the Russians could get a rocket here. The French did come close; and of course our friendly Pommies nuked one indigenous tribe and some defense personnel at Marilinga in 1956 and Christmas Island in 1958. (We now don't have to have heating for the poor bastard "illegal migrants" who we stick there to rot.)

Maralinga - Our Own Shame

Michael, supposedly the USSR could deliver a missile anywhere on the globe from silos on land just like the USA, the Chinese were a little more limited as well as England and France were more or less the same. I'm honestly not sure where all that stands now, Ballistic missile subs can deliver them anywhere for sure. Britain, France, Russia the USA and China all have that capability.

God I hope it's not fun B) It really strange how we can joke about it now but when I was a kid it terrified me. All the drills, get under your desk and kiss your *** good bye stuff. This around the time I started noticing girls :clue: Of course back then everyone thought that a big bomb would kill everyone with in 100 miles and turn every thing else into radioactive monsters. This "Nuke my city" thing puts it into perspective a little better. Of course I never take this stuff personally, seriously sometimes but not personally. I don't want anyone to be nuked by anyone!