Science Forums

Bare chested women?

I wish people could run around naked with a bit of body paint in the summer. It gets rather hot here. I usually wear clothes just because everyone around me is.

I am getting a visual of Zinc Oxide on all the important patches people don't want burned.

Ouch!!

A question I was wondering was, how would the workplace fare in a clothe optional or

nudist world. I would think a lot of things would have to be tolerated... :shrug:

maddog

You have obviously never been to a nudist colony, very clean and sanitary people......

Nope, I've never had the pleasure. I was just picturing all the butts and crotches that one chair would encounter...though I guess if it was a way of life, someone would be up on keeping things clean lol

• 1 year later...

An observational study was done, decades ago, that showed that bared chested Pacific island women have the lowest rate of breast cancer. The smaller breast oriental women also have lower rates. One theory has to do with the heat build-up due to bras, with smaller women building less heat. The bare chested have the natural heat sink, improving breast health.

If you look at animals, they usually don't have fur there. One line of logic is fat is a better insulator such that fat+fur insulates too well. This may explain why hairy chested women do not have much in the way of selective advantage. Maybe covering the human female breast evolved the removal of chest hair, to maintain a better thermal balance.

Nope, I've never had the pleasure. I was just picturing all the butts and crotches that one chair would encounter...though I guess if it was a way of life, someone would be up on keeping things clean lol

I forgot to mention, nudists carry a towel around with them to sit on so the chairs wouldn't encounter any more bare butts than the average chair in anyones home.