Science Forums

Hypography Mind Experiment #2

Turtle

___No, no, no...it is a coprolite...a fossil that is 10's of thousands of years old. It is a mineral cast; solid rock; petrified poo. It sells for $10 a pound or more in mineral shops. I collected about 10 pounds a few years ago from a mud deposit in West Central Washington. Google "coprolite" . I see E-Bay had some but I didn't check prices.

___As to the mind experiment part; it is NOT a leaf. Sorry Orby & Tormod. But, I remind you what our skeptic Fishteacher said, "There are probably two areas that this could fall into for you Turtle. A) Probably a random found object with no connection (ie litter, a flower, volcanic ash, etc". Well now, I guess it's litter & it's not ash but it is mineral so Fishteacher is right as anyone but credits smart guessing for it.

___At best we have only proved Fishteacher is pretty sharp guesser. Well, that concludes the mind experiment #2. As I have to move away soon it's likely the last. (Unless you see something else in the future for me? :eek: )

:eek:

LOL...I actually never presumed it was, in fact, a cat turd. =) But I couldn't tell what it was so I thought I'd play the redneck (I'm from the south...so I usually get away with it). I have a tendency to wax comedic (and in this case...."commode-ic") and thus my answer.

Aplologies...=)

It was intriguing trying to guess...I stared at it for who knows how long.

___No offense taken. I never tire in the childish delight of plopping one of these stones into some unsuspecting visitor's hand. :friday:

___I may yet have a little time; the guy comes Tuesday to start inspecting. I'm leaving the 10 pounds of coprolites behind in the rock garden along with my other minerals. I will not move rocks again no matter how rare. ;)

___Did anyone catch the ironic double entendre of the title? As in "#2". I didn't intend that at the time either. Also, on the experiment; I deleted the original scan 2 hours after I madr it because I thought someone might hack Ace's computer to get the file & cheat.

___Anyway, a little fun with mind & geology science. :)