Science Forums

Hypography Quotes

OpenMind5

I think it should be on the right column. That way, even those that don't visit the home page on a regular basis (like ME!) can still see the quotes. And if it was in the same format as the 'news articles' you can add comments if you like... Maybe have it be in the right column that links to it's own sub-forum, so all the quotes aren't lost, and people can go back through and see them? Just thinking out loud here...

The way it works is this: Each new thread in a new "quotes" forum will constitute a quote. We can then reply to the quotes, and also rate them (nice for competitions!).

However, we should probably have a quotes moderator because ANY first post in a thread in that forum can be shown as a quote...

• 3 weeks later...

Theists think all gods but theirs are false. Atheists simply don't make an exception for the last one.

If atheism is a religion, then health is a disease - Clark Adams

A dyslexic, agnostic insomniac - one who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a dog...

A religious war is like children fighting over who has the strongest imaginary friend.

Freedom *OF* religion includes freedom *FROM* religion.

If atheism is a religion, then "bald" is a hair color.

In the beginning, man created God. - Jethro Tull

It's YOUR hell, YOU burn in it

Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right.

No amount of belief makes something a fact.

Photons have mass!? I didn't even know they were Catholic...

To YOU I'm an atheist. To God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

A day without fusion is like a day without sunshine.

"Today, everybody remembers Galileo. How many can name the bishops and professors who refused to look through his telescope?" - James Hogan, Mind Matters

2nd Law of Thermodynamics: Chaos will Reign.

A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.

A red sign on the door of a physics professor: 'If this sign is blue, you're going too fast.'

Actually officer, if you factor in the earth's rotation, we were all speeding.

As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain. And as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality. - Einstein

Gravity... not just a good idea: It's the law.

Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of.

Why, if heat rises, are mountain tops so friggin' cold?

• 2 weeks later...

i believe a widely used quote is more philosophical than most of us think. "take your time." maybe it's just me, but i've never actually thought about what this meant, other than that it meant you know...to take your time.

TAKE IT. the time is yours, TAKE IT ALL. we all have time! some time, not all time. SO JUST TAKE IT!!! :) !

i believe a widely used quote is more philosophical than most of us think. "take your time." maybe it's just me, but i've never actually thought about what this meant, other than that it meant you know...to take your time.

TAKE IT. the time is yours, TAKE IT ALL. we all have time! some time, not all time. SO JUST TAKE IT!!! :) !

That's actually my biggest beef with telemarketers and spammers, they take my time. How is it that any of them can somehow think they they should be entitled to even one second of my time? It's my time and I wish they'd leave it alone.

• 2 weeks later...