Science Forums

Q&A Game.

alexander

In this thread one can post any question dealing with historic science, and anyone can answer it, goal is to have one question asked at a time, nobody post a question until someone correctly answers the previous one, author is also responsible for notifying that someone answered their question right. Other then that, just keep asking and answering questions, only rules to asking are that it has to be historical (before second half of 20'th century), it has to be on history of science, and lastly one person can not post 2 answers in a row.

The winner will get a title and lots of props from the rest of the people who participate :) , unless you have a distinguished title, in which case you only get props (sorry mods and admins). But really it's all for fun :)

First Queston:

In ancient egypt, name the device used to measure the height of the river.

we will use kudos as currency... first one to get 1000 kudos is the winner

this is a question for 50 kudos

note, for those asking questions, for difficulty of the question, you can set the right answer reward to range from 20 to 100 kudos.

I will keep the score and upon successful answers will post who and how many kudos they have :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will also break my own rule and ask the next question, also only one reply can be posted to a question by one person. (also moon, can you perhaps wait for a few hours so that at least more people can catch on?)

for 65 kudos, What was the first ever calculated circumference of Earth.

unfortunately you are incorrect, freezy... and really 74000000 meters?

i will refrain from answering this just yet, though i feel a discussion already brewing, but i will state this and let the thread go on, it is not to my current understanding of history that your answer is correct, pm me if you disagree, i can pm you the answer that at least i am looking for...

ok, kudos DD

score

Mr D - 65

Moon - 55

Freezy - 5

who's asking next (btw moon pmeed me the answer a long time ago, but i asked him to not make me have to make a rule that he can get kudos for anwering every question (and i know he can, mr Moon, you get kudos just for that....))

did i mention subjective judging?

kudos for good attempt, perhaps out of good intentions or just because i want to keep all participating members interested, and others drawn in on this "subjective judging system", freezy got kudos too :)