Science Forums

[Announcement] Hypography Goes to the Zoo

TheBigDog

I understand that you guys consider camel or horse-powered wagons to be vehicles and all, but 20 km is like an hour and a half ride... better head out early, and grab water and oats for the horsey too, hope the pharaoh doesn't catch ya :hihi:

that about all the stereotypes i could think of...

hey who knows, maybe you had a telescope and decided to use it in a creative, truly hypographic way :ohdear:

Camels? That might be further north, Egypt, Saudi and the like, and maybe Kazakstan.

I could have taken my friend's Piper Super Cruiser, but then the perspective will be wrong. Don,t think you would recognise an aerial shot of a rhino. You might think it's a fence anchor pole embedded in a rock. :singer:

Naaw, i only get to fly in a Cessna 172, shots of animals from a plane arent anywhere near as cool as ones taken from the ground though. Besides, i could be talking about my friends 750bhp s13 (well one of the 3 he's got), but wild life gets really scared of it, and that's when it's not nearly bouncing off the rev limiter through a corner, and those shots would be quite blurry and hard to take when you are strapped in a bucket seat, sliding the rear of the car around a turn at 80mph, gotta love the welded rear diff (though he might not let me drive).

The boys and I set a goal of photographing 120 different animals. We went to the Lake Metroparks Farmpark on 3/21/2009, and the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo on 3/22/2009. I took a total of 267 photos during the two trips, using two different cameras. I am going to link to the photos here, and include captions and a running count. That is going to be a ton of work, so it is not going to happen all at once.

Flamingos (1)

Cheetahs (6) The battery in my new camera went dead, so I had to use the old one with no zoom for the second half of the day at the zoo. Also had to spend $16 on AA batteries to keep it running! Poor planning on my part. But that is why some of the photos are so far away, like these. I also cannot control the flash on that camera, but you will see the results of that later.

Siberian Tigers (7)

African Lions (8)

Snow Leopard (9)

Persian Leopard (10)

I can't find my picture of the Fishing Cat. I know I have one...

Off to the Farm Park...

Sheep (17)

Goat (18)

Jersey Cow (19) We missed the hand milking session. We are going to go back and try our hand at that.

Alpacas (20)

Llamas (21)

Belgian Horses (22) These two mares are retired farm horses from a local Amish farm. Pulling the wagon for four hours two out of three days is a relaxing retirement for them. they have events where you can actually plow a furrow or two using a team of horses. I will be doing that later this year.

Pigs (23) Piglets actually. Under the french fry light.

Wild Turkey (24) Chickens (25) I am not sure the breed of chicken. Looks like a common rooster and a small brown hen.

Ayrshire Cow (26)