Science Forums

Arlo Guthrie in Concert in Australia

Michaelangelica

You have four weeks to listen to it before copyright cuts in

For old and wantabee hippies.

http://abc.com.au/rn/musicdeli/stories/2009/2444059.htm

Arlo Guthrie in Concert in Australia

Listen Now - 02012009 |

In this week's program a musical journey together with wonderful stories from the legendary Arlo Guthrie, recorded during his 2008 Australian tour. He's been performing his songs of protest against social injustice for more than forty years and his iconic song 'Alice's Restaurant' from 1967 is still included in his concerts. Music Deli recorded his Melbourne performance in May 2008 and half of that concert is played in this program.

Show Playlist | Hide Playlist

Playlist

ARLO GUTHRIE IN CONCERT

Alice's Restaurant

A Guthrie

18'06"

When a Soldier Makes it Home

A Guthrie

5'18"

In Times Like These

A Guthrie

3'10"

Piano Rag

A Guthrie

1'50"

City of New Orleans

S Goodman

3'40"

This Land is Your Land

W Guthrie

4'50"

ABC Music Deli Recording, Melbourne May 2008

That's awesome!:doh:

:lol:

Sadly these days he doesn't do the 25 minutes plus version these days:(

He also tends not to do the long version of the pickle song....also sadly:(

Highly recommend checking out the movie to those that haven't had the pleasure....Tis quite good for a giggle:).....Also should the chance to see him live arise..... tis well worth it:)

Also FolkAlley.com has an archived live performance that is rather good as well....free to listen (you might have to register but it's free and worth the effort)...sadly ya gotta have a paid membership to it download for keeps.

http://www.folkalley.com/music/livefrom/arlo_guthrie/

When a Soldier Makes it Home <-the saddest song I've ever heard....but one of my favorites.

That's awesome!:doh:

:lol:

Sadly these days he doesn't do the 25 minutes plus version these days:(

He also tends not to do the long version of the pickle song....also sadly:(

Highly recommend checking out the movie to those that haven't had the pleasure....Tis quite good for a giggle:).....Also should the chance to see him live arise..... tis well worth it:)

Also FolkAlley.com has an archived live performance that is rather good as well....free to listen (you might have to register but it's free and worth the effort)...sadly ya gotta have a paid membership to it download for keeps.

Arlo Guthrie | Live From Folk Alley

When a Soldier Makes it Home <-the saddest song I've ever heard....but one of my favorites.

I don't have the movie but I do have the vinyl album "Alice's Restaurant" I think folk music has always gotten quite a bit less air play than it deserved.... Arlo Guthrie was unique in many ways:hihi: