2 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best of Star Trek?

• Star Trek: The Original Series
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation
    • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    • Star Trek: Voyager
    • Star Trek: Enterprise
    • Other (explain)

Welcome to hypography, Spranosbaby. :) Create a thread in the Introductions forum and tell us something about yourself!

Incredible as it seems, despite years of discussion of all things Star Trek, we’ve never had a simple “which is best” poll, so at the prompting of Sopranosbaby, here one is, moved from the Q & A to the Books & Movies & Games. I took the liberty of adding options for “STTOS” and “Other (explain)”.

My favorite is STTNG, favorite episode “Darmok”. Why requires a long, disturbingly fannish explanation. ;)

For me Star Trek is a very special show, it came to be at a time when hope for the future was scarce as hens teeth. The nuclear sword hung over our heads and Vietnam was a threat to all young mens existence. Most books, movies and TV shows about the future painted a bleak often horrific view that made moving toward the future almost seem to be a fools errand. Star Trek was like a sunrise after a long period of cold dark weather. Suddenly the future looked like it might be worth living to see. The later incarnations of Star Trek reinforced this positive attitude about the future even though we had many threats we were able to build worlds where humans and other creatures lived to gether in relative harmony. For me Star Trek Voyager was the best although The Next Generation was toward the last half of the series a really great show. Voyager was great to me because of the story line of being lost, cooperation between enemies and the idea of always taking the moral high road. I guess I'm just a sap but doing wrong to make right has never been an option for me. Captain Janeway and her crew's continuing battle with the Borg and eventually winning the war with them was a great epic in modern Science Fiction.