Science Forums

[Q] Question about cogon grass food packaging

Novicescientist

I need ASAP...I'm looking for an info about this investigatory project especially theoretical framework and conceptual framework. Theoretical framework that I is the theories of scientist about the cogon grass food packaging and the conceptual framework i nid the input, process , output...;) sry its hard for me to find this 1 i spent 2 nights for this... So far i got nothing plz help thx for the advance :QuestionM plz help me.

Can you give us more info?

Are you referring to using the cogon grass as a pulp substitute for traditional cardboard? Or as a substitute for styrofoam 'peanuts'?

If the latter, the ecological consequences should be considered as cogon grass is very invasive and spreads easily.

Cogon grass, a hardy weed that has overwhelmed forests in Africa and Asia, has established a beachhead in the southeastern United States, where officials hope to stamp it out, or at least stop its invasive spread. Producing seeds that can blow up to 15 miles in the wind, Cogon grass has the potential to be far more of a scourge than kudzu, a Japanese plant that has spread to 7 million acres in the southern United States. The weed slipped into the United States through the port at Mobile, Ala., as packing material in 1912. Representatives of the University of Georgia and other state agencies are working with USDA’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service to heighten awareness and attack known infestations with herbicides.

For the Week of