Science Forums

Nice new look BUT. .

Michaelangelica

Okay you whiners...I have better things to do. :)

Sorted.

Sorted.

Sorted.

It doesn't. It just looks that way because the Google search uses our old template. Ignore it and Peace On Earth will come true.

Sorted.

NOT sorted, maybe if you buy me a beer later today. :singer:

ASCII pooorn :)

ASCII a stupid question..get a stupid ANSI

some truth to that :hihi: i mean i foten wonder just what the hell the people at ANSI were thinking making some of these standards, but unlike M$, i respets them.

back on topic

is it just me or there are 2 eek smileys in the quick smiley selection in the advanced editor?

ok back to being myself

It showed me a list of threads in which I happen to have posts.

Oh no he dii'ent (Futurama reference)

User settings (CP), User profile, and some thread pages.including this one....it almost looks like it's loading the older version under the new...Did it on the first page here...here on page 2 it's normal again....correction not normal here either...ungodly lond scroll up to get back to the top which is as described above.

User settings (CP), User profile, and some thread pages.including this one....it almost looks like it's loading the older version under the new...Did it on the first page here...here on page 2 it's normal again....correction not normal here either...ungodly lond scroll up to get back to the top which is as described above.

Sounds like a browser cache issue then.

Must be something in my FF/Ubu. mix...My WinXP/Yahoo works perfectly (with the exceptions of being ungodly slow in comparison).....That cache issue thing ....how I fix it?

It's *slow*? I find that things load super fast after the redesign. But I guess there are lots of factors playing in here.

Cache issues:

How do I clear my web browser's cache? - Knowledge Base

Must be something in my FF/Ubu. mix...My WinXP/Yahoo works perfectly (with the exceptions of being ungodly slow in comparison).....That cache issue thing ....how I fix it?

In my experience, this didn't help :phones:

I've had this problem persist on two systems with both firefox and IE7... cache cleared.. I can't overstate how unpleasant it is. It happens on any site page if and only if the following ad is displayed:

Is this the case for you DD?

~modest

Seems to be a problem with the front page

the news articles are messed up in placement

i've uploaded a dump ;)

TBA

I don't see your attachment but the reason is simple: When you publish a story in the main news categories (ie, those which are pulled to the portal front page), you need to leave out the "Pittsburgh, PA. -" part of the press releases.

The stories are pulled so that only the first sentence is shown on the front page. Therefore, you get too short sentences and this tends to mess up to layout.

It's not a bug, more a result of me not having time to write better CSS styles.

Seems to be a problem with the front page

the news articles are messed up in placement

i've uploaded a dump ;)

TBA

You don't say which link you clicked but what you're seeing is the print version of whatever page you're on. That's a PEBCAK.

Err..

i clicked on the thread name and this is what it showed me.

shouldnt the HypoG logo be there in place of "Your logo?"

TBA

The thing with the front page is noted down..prob wont take place again

TBA