Science Forums

101 Things to do with an extra hour...

TheBigDog

• 2 months later...

celebrate bein way late to the party (dis-ere or dat-der for ya foreigners) by gettin really bombed on corn licka...........

whilst contemplating how poor a lover one would have to be to succeed in makin love 100 times in ine hour.........

Whilst tryin to talk tha misses into a bit o playtime for the final half hour;)

It took me an hour to drive me and my wife, Gwen, approximately 6 miles in the most massive traffic jam on Interstate 45 (The Gulf Freeway) that I have ever seen. Four lanes solid, crawling. Pickups driving over the grass berm to get on the access roads. Cross roads clotted with folks who managed to get off I-45. Nine cars (on average) getting through each green of the left turn signal and onto Hiway 3, which parallels I-45. And Hiway 3 wasn't much better. Total driving distance: 6.2 miles; distance from house: 3 miles. One hour.

And then the roads opened up like nothing was wrong. Pushed my Ford van to 70. Got to downtown Houston and peeled off I-45 onto a street I used to remember years ago. Got lost. Blindly found a parking garage. Got us up an elevator to an unlit exit in the middle of an unlit park. Asked directions from a derelict sitting almost unseen under a tree. Walked two blocks over broken sidewalks.

Came into the light at Jones Hall. Our tickets were waiting at the Call Window. Went inside and got to our seats with 4 minutes to spare. Listened to two hours of the Houston Symphony playing all the John Williams movie themes! Star Wars! ET! Jaws! Superman!

All in the name of love, and to celebrate Valentine's Day.

:) :bloom: :cheer:

:cheer: :) :bloom:

:bloom: :cheer: :cap:

This is a challenge to the membership of Hypography. How fast can we come up with a list of things to do with an extra hour? Tonight we have that extra hour, perhaps it will help us to complete the list faster.

Since this is the competitions thread I am going to make a rule. Only one item per post, and you cannot make sequential posts, you must wait for someone else to post before adding another item to the list.

I'll start:

1) Eat a pound of trick-or-treat candy.

i guess this has to do with daylight saving

So i will say watch the twilight that much longer. a lovely time of the day to relax achill out

But i also must tell you astory about DS. It is hated in the Deep North SunnyQueensland. (The East Coast of Oz can work on at leat two and sometime four different times in summer DSTr!) Something to do with cows and curtains fading quicker etc

But the most priceless and ingenuous one was a LOL who rang a radio station VERY upset. She thought it was 'shocking'' and' unfair' and 'unreasonable' to have DLS time. Fortunately she got a shock jock who was nice and listened, and listened, and listened, until his ears picked up and he started to ask some questions about her real reasons for objecting to daylight saving.

By this stage a level of trust had built up, perhaps the announcer was bored, but he wheedled out of her, finally, that the reason she did not want DST was her husband going to work early- and wait for it. . true story- I'm Australian you can trust me!--

her husband "would get his morning erection on the bus"

The radio was totally quite-- followed by a quick record:)

I kid you not; cross my heart.