Science Forums

Hello

DANMARTIN

Let me be to first to welcome you to the Hypography Sci-Tech forums! We're glad to have you with us

Now to your question. I don't think that example would result in any "darwinistic" evolution, because the squirrels are going to have to cross the road to find new sources of food and shelter, therefore crossing roads is just a "required risk". Now there might be a possiblity that they will learn to avoid running in front of vehicles, but that wouldn't really be evolution, just learning.

Noah

hey thanks. yeah i guess that is the point i was trying to make, are we causing a breed of car intellient squirrels to be born, and those that don't follow that pattern, (crossing when a car is too close) that would be the natural selection process, since only those squirrels that don't cross in front of cars live and spread there genes. Does that mean that those squirrels are smarter or just have a better sence of timing and spatial relational judgement. Anyhow just curious, thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

I was new too not long ago, and I guess I might be the only one online so far. Not one of the important people in here, but they will welcome you as well. I'm glad you found this place , I'm sure you'll enjoy it,everyone is great it's like scientific online community.

:-) Have a great time.

Welcome, Scientist03!

Actually there are some 20-30 people visiting quite often, while hundreds read the postings. Our membership is up to more than 150.

It's not enough people for there always to be someone "online", but response is usually quick.

All the best,

Tormod