Most likely candidate for future spacecrafts  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Most likely candidate for future spacecrafts

• Nuclear Pulse
    • Bussard Ramjet
    • Solar Sail
    • Nuclear Fusion Powered
    • Other

The weight of the payload that the magfield would be hauling would generate drag.

Weight is a constant, and it is a force that acts against velocity, surely it's not as great in space as on Earth, but it's still there.

A mag field weighs nothing and would turned off after it was no longer providing thrust. No mass does not act against velocity, once the velocity is reached the more mass you have the harder it is to slow down not the opposite.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A mag field weighs nothing and would turned off after it was no longer providing thrust. No mass does not act against velocity, once the velocity is reached the more mass you have the harder it is to slow down not the opposite.

Not the Magfield, the craft that's generating it, that's the weight that will work as the force that slows it down to a complete stop.

Not the Magfield, the craft that's generating it, that's the weight that will work as the force that slows it down to a complete stop.

No, an object, regardless of it's mass, once in motion tends to stay in motion until acted on by an outside force. A more massive object is more difficult to slow down.

No, an object, regardless of it's mass, once in motion tends to stay in motion until acted on by an outside force. A more massive object is more difficult to slow down.

No, if what you say was true, a rocket ship would not stop if it's rocket boosters were turned of, this is not the case.

Read this

I did a bad job of explaining why 'coasting' can't work, the larger an object is, the stronger it's higgs field is, because it's higgs field curves more, but the Higgs Field doens't want to stay curved, and it constantly pushes back, it's this 'uncurving' action that keeps the Earth round, and keeps the core of the Earth condensed.

The Higgs Field wanting to uncurve is what causes gravity itself, and the faster a spacecraft moves the more mass it acquires, therefore the stronger it's Higgs Field, ergo the stronger it's propulsion needs to be.

Gardamorg, a magnetic field is not going to pick up anything that it not charged! Not dust, not helium, nothing! Charged particles are not common enough to support a space ship's evergy requirments.

Could you post a link backing this claim up.

Seriously, you'd think, out of all the sites I've visited about the Bussard Ramjet, that they would have mention that a magnetic field ONLY picks up charged matter.

I don't believe you, at all because uncharged hydrogen doesn't sink through magnetic fields for some strange reason.

It's not the Magnetic field that fuses the hydrogen into plasma either, the hydrogen is just scooped up by the cone V shaped mag field, the actual fusion is performed from the machinery inside of the craft.

Gardamorg, I know what i am talking about here, you totally misunderstood the higgs field article and you need to do some real research on magnetic fields and fusion. magnetic fields do not affect non charged particles, no machinery of any kind can contact fusion plasma. If you don't believe me then look it up. I wouldn't mislead you for the fun of it.

If a missile were flying through the air, and it's rocket boosters were turned off, it would slow down, and fall back to Earth.

Same thing with the Magnetic Sail craft, although it would be moving so fast that it would take a lot longer to slow down, it's weight would eventually catch up.

Larger objects actually slow down faster.

This is the way it works. You can't coast, unless coasting is just a long long long deceleration.

No, but you would mislead me if you truly believed that your theories were truth.

If an object is not constantly being pushed it will stop because of the Higgs field, and matter doesn't sink through magnetic fields.

You are grossly misinformed my friend, what you are saying violates at least two or maybe three laws of the universe. Magnetic fields have no effect on uncharged particles and a moving object continues to move unless acted on by an out side force. These are some of the most basic principles of the universe. It's sad you cannot see this.

Newton's laws of motion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are grossly misinformed my friend, what you are saying violates at least two or maybe three laws of the universe. Magnetic fields have no effect on uncharged particles and a moving object continues to move unless acted on by an out side force. These are some of the most basic principles of the universe. It's sad you cannot see this.

Newton's laws of motion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If a missile were flying through the air, and it's rocket boosters were turned off, it would slow down, and fall back to Earth.

Same thing with the Magnetic Sail craft, although it would be moving so fast that it would take a lot longer to slow down, it's weight would eventually catch up.

Larger objects actually slow down faster.

This is the way it works. You can't coast, unless coasting is just a long long long deceleration.

Furthermore weight is an outside force, just like the Earth is an outside force keeping us on the ground.

Speed increases mass/weight, which is why punches hurt and nudges don't.

Furthermore weight is an outside force, just like the Earth is an outside force keeping us on the ground.

Speed increases mass/weight, which is why punches hurt and nudges don't.

Friction with the air is what slows down a missile, once in space an object free of the earths gravity or the suns gravity will continue to move until it is acted on by another force. No matter how massive it is. Speed only increases mass or weight when you are close to the speed of light.

Friction with the air is what slows down a missile,

That and it's weight pulling it down.

once in space an object free of the earths gravity or the suns gravity will continue to move until it is acted on by another force.

It won't be free of it's own mass though. Only particles are free of their own mass.

No matter how massive it is. Speed only increases mass or weight when you are close to the speed of light.

Correction, mass decreases the speed of an object as it approaches the speed of light.

When did I troll?

By claiming things to be true when you know they are patently false. I've read enough of your threads to know you have been shown that objects get more massive not less massive as they get near the speed of light, I know you know an object does not slow down by its self, I know you know an object's mass doesn't have anything to do with it's ability to keep moving when in free fall. I know you know a magnetic field doesn't affect neutral particles. I gave you link to Newtons Laws but you ignored it. If you don't want me to point out your mistakes then just say so and I'll not post in this thread anymore.