Science Forums

A funny question please leave your opinion ^.^

buddyzen

So all men have some degree off Asperger's do you think?

What I'd say is that it's like a radio, with characteristics as potential in all men - some are tuned into these frequencies of behaviour, others are not but could so easily be with a little bit of retuning and others tune in less often and with less volume but Asperger sufferers are tuned in nearly all the time and others lower down the autistic scale are at full volume, all the time. Hope this analogy helps!:rolleyes:

Interesting thanks

i worked with Autistic kids in the sixties (19!). One night we heard singing "We all live in a yellow submarine". When we went to look a kid was singing who I had never heard talk before.

One therapist-- Juliet Harper (now Dr.)-- used to come dressed in colorful swishing gypsy dress with lots of sparkling baubles and bangles hanging from her ears and neck. She always looked quite stunning and the female nurses hated her for it (lol).

I asked her why she dressed like this and she said it helped get the kid's attention. She did 1 on 1 therapy.

Now from what you are saying, less stimulation would be better?

(Pehaps we should ask a moderator to move this conversation the the Aspergerer's Thread/)

Interesting thanks

i worked with Autistic kids in the sixties (19!). One night we heard singing "We all live in a yellow submarine". When we went to look a kid was singing who I had never heard talk before.

One therapist-- Juliet Harper (now Dr.)-- used to come dressed in colorful swishing gypsy dress with lots of sparkling baubles and bangles hanging from her ears and neck. She always looked quite stunning and the female nurses hated her for it (lol).

I asked her why she dressed like this and she said it helped get the kid's attention. She did 1 on 1 therapy.

Now from what you are saying, less stimulation would be better?

(Pehaps we should ask a moderator to move this conversation the the Aspergerer's Thread/)

No, not necessarily. My point is that this is where people are on the scale, not where they should be (You use a flashing light to let a deaf person know that someone is at the door, not a louder buzzer than is usual for ordinary people, although having said that sound turned to vibration might work as with mobile phones in people's pockets).