Science Forums

Wow

Grains

I do play as well, but I'm not dependant as you said. Reason is I read many things before playing and I knew therefore about the risk of dependancy.

This is what I do (number 1 &1.1) or what I suggest to do (other numbers):

1) Never make an automatic subscription, so when it expires make at least 1 month of break before subscribing again.

1.1) Always set an alarm clock (the one in the game is cool, but if it is one you have to get up to turn it off it is even better) before starting to play which will go off at the time you want to stop. So the excuse 'I forgot time is no more valid'.

2) If you have the choice playing or doing something with someone, always choose the latter.

3)if you notice that it is hard to do number 2) play very much until the end of the current subscription (try to get an overdose) and then make an even longer break than in 1)

4)There is the option called 'parental control' somewhere and there you can set how many hours you can play per month.

In case there is a site somewhere called something like wowdetox, google it and it might help you more.