Science Forums

Is armageddon going to happen?

zahizahi

Apparently, according to advertising on the side of this page

THE END IS NIGH - NOW - 2008!

The Prophesied End-Time Revealed: 2008 - God's Final Witness

This guys going to look very stupid in a few months, like so many before him.

Self proclaimed as Gods final witness, he is allowed to reveal 'the seven thunders of Revelations' which Paul was forbidden to record in Revelation.

After the end of the world, there will be tea and cakes with a short word from our sponsor. :confused:

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

By that time will there be a humanity as such.

First you have to expect that humanity can prosper under one banner. Otherwise we'd have to see colonies with samplings of established human cultures which would be prey to large empirialistic states.

As we can see economics can work as a focal point to international, interplanetary, and even eventually intersolar trade. But the core of the matter is without trade there is nothing to tie to separate cultures.

I have a hard time trying to think of any two cultures that don't trade, one is visibly better off than the other, but they still get along. At some point corruption will cause one nation of the other to try to subsume any and every other.

It's the fight that matters.. and avoiding it by having a functioning prosperous economy. Which is an ever ongoing pursuit since the economy would balance itself out somehow.

You can't want for something for ever without getting it yourself. As far as things like nations.. there shouldn't really be international trade among all of them, most have to be self sufficient to a point. After that they are just exploiting. While you aren't subsumming the nation you're exploiting.. you're not doing anything to make their situation better either.

Take that to an intersolar level and assuming transport of goods enabling any kind of trade economy.. still doesn't justify any relationships between planets in different systems. Import the knowledge to set whatever you're missing locally. Stupid would be setting yourself anywhere you can expect to be self sufficient. Yet having said that if you are self sufficient and your needs are minimal.. maybe you can be part of a greater commonwealth.. you're not exploiting it.

• 2 weeks later...
I guess armaggedon will arrive when th sun becomes a red giant, or when some comets start coming to earth or....

Seriously, I also sometimes wonder where we will get, I don't believe there will ever be an ending (of humanity) war; but seen the catholic fanatics rising with islamic fanatics, I would not exclude a huge religious war.

On the other hand is the world really getting worse? Isn't it that we tend to see (and remember) only the bad things?

Kyoto (for what it counts) has been rectified, threre have been some prper elections in ucraine, Europe can show the Us that even if they are number one they depend as well on europe and so on.

true

armagedon is like the end of the world. so yes it will come. any thing that has the begging has an end. since humanity has its own begging that means we will all have end, wothout any reproduction. it may not exactly happen the way it is said in the holly books..........................

armegedon, the war which is said to finish the continuity of the World. There is an oracle like this… Well, in fact oracles are not needed to believe… On the other hand, the world is getting worse... What do you think will happen?

The way I see it, the only thing that can stop this catastrophic war is the truth. The apocalypse (unveiling) is happening now, and the truth is being revealed. Should we realize en masse that we are all human beings on planet Earth, we will start to work together to build a world that works in harmony with nature rather than destroying ourselves.

I think the Armageddon is possible, but with enough work spreading the truth online to the masses, it can be prevented. You are right that the world is getting "worse," but I also see growing compassion flowering around the world. The times we live in are very interesting.

I don't know what world you are from Jethro but I'm 54 years old, the world is much better now than it was when I was a little boy and from what my grandfather told me it's a hell of lot better then it was when he was a little boy. It is perfect? No not by a long shot , but is it worse, absolutely not.....

• 9 years later...

Pleased to meet you, won't you guess my name...  

Baalzebub and I were bemoaning the general ignorance of Christians regarding the other side of the coin the other day over a couple of brews.  Such unimaginative beasts.  I was called the "Morning Star" or the "Bringer of Light" in the past and was not associated with that upstart Satan, or Saitan as we used to know him back in school.  These days the ignorant have combined my image with Satan's and even added horns.  Satan doesn't even have lush leathery wings like mine.  At least this picture of me hasn't been altered...yet. I have got to work on my abs.  :frown:

51232-Lucifer3.800w.tn.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satan

Edited by fahrquad

Remember kids,  the apocalypse is caused by "It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads." according to the bible atleast, so don't take satanic marks. "A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: "If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand,they, too, will drink the wine of God's fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb."

In any case, supposedly we go out with a Biological weapon, "The Abomination of Desolation"

Revelation-Bowls.png

Edited by VictorMedvil

Remember kids,  the apocalypse is caused by "It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads." according to the bible atleast, so don't take satanic marks.

I am getting my Social Security number tattooed on my left forearm.

auschwtiztattoo.jpg

The power plants needed in the antarctic for the green houses that will grow your vegetables can be powerd by the grease that flows off of your big hamburger industries. That's a mae in America solution for you to claim.

"soilent green is people"

how about how scary it is my first solution to world hunger has been to have huge fields of such veggies growing off the coast of the least poluted coastlines in the world..

heck antarctica is only empty space.. if we can tweak greens to grow there and absorb more UV and grow faster than normal it would mean free stock for such secondary food sources and veggie burgers?? and other dirivitives.. but i'm thinking about ways to grow them that would not interfere with local ecosystems (why i chose antarctica which has virtually no ecosystems, or much polution) and not to mention the transport industry required to move that much feed stock around the planet.

"insect authority"
twain never accounted for the power of the individual insect to poison the whole. thus humans cannot be likened to a colony, though its the most productive form of our evolution our societies must have governing bodies corraling an discontented populace. its the way of things and it should never change. humans as individuals are too smart and too prone to violence to be left to their own devices, also our evolution has engendered within us the drive to assume command over those we feel are less worthy.

You know "alxian" has been waiting with bated breath* for 14 years for your response.  I frankly am amazed that there is a thread that old.

*Not "baited breath"

Mullet.jpg

THis from the guy who did thread necromancy on a close to ten year old rotting husk, then spammed out a bunch of inane off topic beer talk...Might not want to make that a habit since you're obviously cognizant of it.

MTG-ThreadNecromancer_3198.jpg