Science Forums

Weather Control

Jet2

At first I thought weather control should be a good thing for us to live live better. But then I didn't aware that it can be a sort of weapon to harm other...
The only harmful thing here is the use of the internet to spread unfounded scientific nonsense to the gullible.

Weather control is not possible, has not been possible and shall not be possible. Chaotic systems are inherently unpredictable. the weather is a chaotic system. We can cannot precisely define the input conditionsd and therefore cannot precisely define the outputs.

At first I thought weather control should be a good thing for us to live live better. But then I didn't aware that it can be a sort of weapon to harm other...

A TERRIFYING LOOK AT THE CONTROL OF WEATHER WARFARE -- A LOOK AT HAARP

1.7 giga watts sounds huge but it's a drop in the bucket compared to natural energy inputs this 1.7 giga watts would have to be either a burst input or a slow input that eventually equals this input. It would take several nuclear power plants to generate a continuous 1.7 giga watts. HAARP has absolutely noting to do with weather control. If we ever control the weather we will have to be able to wield a lot more power than that.

Whether HAARP is doing weather experiments or not, weather modification is going on, and particularly in a big way in China it seems. :alienhead: :alien_dance:

...Said Bill Woodley, a weather modification researcher who spent several decades running cloud seeding experiments for NOAA,

"There's much we don't know, as compared to China, where investment is 100 million a year. They're training young scientists and pilots; they've just gone crazy there. It's the epicenter of all weather modification activity. They're pushing hard. Whereas in the United States, the amount of money invested by any government is probably in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, if that. For a country our size, not much is being invested.

Interestingly, when I opined that this was a shame, because with all the billions of federal dollars spent uselessly elsewhere, the government ought to shake a few million weather modification dollars out of the White House sofa, Woodley seemed a bit chagrined. You can't just throw money at it, he said -- there needs to be strong oversight, someone to make sure the research is first-rate, and so on.

He mentioned a couple of weather modification research bills now creeping through Congress -- one introduced by Mark Udall (D-Colorado), the other pushed by Kay Bailey Hutchinson (R-Texas). If you think weather modification research is a good idea, go get your democratic participation on.

China Leads Weather Control Race | Wired Science from Wired.com

Whether HAARP is doing weather experiments or not, weather modification is going on, and particularly in a big way in China it seems.
I did not make explicitly clear that I see a huge difference between weather modification - which is possible - and weather control, which is not.

Both show an influence by humans.

However, you can modify something without having control.

For example, pick a coin off the table. Toss it up in the air and see how it lands. You modified it. You don't know if it will land heads or tails, so you don't completely control the outcome, but you did modify it.

With weather, we really don't fully understand all the parameters. We can attempt to have an effect on weather, but 'directing' the exact outcome is all but impossible.

We have found ways to modify the global temperatures for example. Yet we can't give exact results each month or year (control). Just a general trend (modification).

You might like to read "The Weather Makers", by Australian of the year, Tim Flannery on how to change the weather.

• 11 years later...

The only harmful thing here is the use of the internet to spread unfounded scientific nonsense to the gullible.

Weather control is not possible, has not been possible and shall not be possible. Chaotic systems are inherently unpredictable. the weather is a chaotic system. We can cannot precisely define the input conditionsd and therefore cannot precisely define the outputs.

Not according to unclassified CIA documents. Click the links to read the PDF papers.

CORPUS CHRISTI GOES AHEAD WITH CLOUD-SEEDING

In this you see the companies in the consortium inclued Boeing,GTE,General Dynamics,E-Systems,Lockheed,Ford Aerospace, Martin Marietta, McDonnell-Douglas,Northrup,Rockwell, Science Applications International Corp,TRW and United Technologies

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/document/cia-rdp90-00806r000100200036-9

SURVEY OF WEATHER MODIFICATION-1968

A number of Federal Government Organizations have been and presently are engaged in activities in the field of weather modifications and cloud physics. The most active groups are the Army, the Navy, the Air Force, the U.S. Weather Bureau, and the National Science Foundation

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/document/cia-rdp78-03425a002100020023-2

PROHIBITION OF GEOPHYSICAL MODIFICATION ACTIVITY AS A WEAPON OF WAR 1972

The United States has been secretly seeding clouds over North Vietnam, Laos and South Vietnam to increase and control the rainfall for military purposes.

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/document/cia-rdp74b00415r000100110006-9

That is just a few of them in the many many pages.

Full search to read more:

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/search/site/cloud%20seeding

• 8 months later...