Science Forums

Perpetual motion does exsist

ryan2006

The closest I have come to combining perpetual motion to a perpetual mechanism is my spherical magnetic ball and nobody had really commented on it.

I guess that's because you weren't all that clear on what it was supposed to do or what powered it.

O.K. Here it goes! A magnetic spherical ball that has an outer thickness and it hollow on the inside. Two options from there. One, a magnetic liquid solution inside the hollow set into orbit around the earth. Second option, magnetic balls inside the hollow. Conductors run through the outer shell. so that as it orbits it is creating electromagnetic energy.

O.K. Here it goes! A magnetic spherical ball that has an outer thickness and it hollow on the inside. Two options from there. One, a magnetic liquid solution inside the hollow set into orbit around the earth. Second option, magnetic balls inside the hollow. Conductors run through the outer shell. so that as it orbits it is creating electromagnetic energy.

First nothing will orbit forever and if you are using it to generate power it will deorbit all that much faster. Anytime you use magnetism to generate power you create friction. No way around it.

It won't deorbit. Satelletites don't deorbit. So why would using this device to power a satellite not work. Liquid or not inside the hallow friction still creates useful energy.

Satellites do indeed fall down, the higher the orbit the slower they are to fall down but eventually they will. Your satellite will fall down faster because it is turning it's motion into electricity so it falls down faster. Sorry but its a simple practical application of the laws of the universe.

O.K why hasn't planet earth fallen down then? Perhaps it defys gravity uh?

As I have told you before, given enough time, it will fall into the sun. Fortunately that will be many billions of years in the future, the sun will expand and consume the Earth way before that could happen.

O.K why hasn't planet earth fallen down then? Perhaps it defys gravity uh?
While inductive reasoning certainly does have its useful attributes in scientific studies, it has its limits.

Let me ask you a similar question: You've been alive for a while, right? Is this proof that you'll live forever?

Anger at lies lasts forever. Anger at truth can't last, :shrug:

Buffy

I'll try to explain why why you can't use movement and magnetics to produce continual energy.

To produce electrical energy from motion and magnets is done by having a magnet moving wrt to a conductor. The change in the magnetic field felt by the conductor induces a current in the conductor, thus your electrical energy.

The fly in the ointment is the fact that when current flows through a conductor, the conductor itself produces its own magnetic field and becomes an electromagnet itself, and the polarity of this magnetic field will be such that it will oppose the motion of the magnet with respect to the conductor.

IOW, the magnetic force acting between the conductor and magnet will act to reduce the motion between the two, eventually bringing it to a halt and stopping any energy production. The total amount of energy you can extract from such a system is only equal to the amount of kinetic energy the system started with due to the relative. It doesn't create any energy, it only converts one form of energy to another.

Secondly, I fail to see how your system would generate any electrical energy at all. Again, you need a magnetic source moving with respect to a conductor to induce electric current. With your scheme, the magnetic source and conductor are orbiting together and are not moving with respect to each other.

One way of generating electrical energy with an orbiting object is by interacting with the Earth's own magnetic field while orbiting. The drawback, of course is that you will get the same force feedback and the satellite will lose orbital energy in exchange and fall to Earth. How fast it falls depends on how much electrical energy it generates. And you will never get more energy out than you expended to put the satellite into orbit in the first place. The only way such a system would be useful is if used for a satellite with a designed limited lifetime, and if the system was lighter/cheaper than a standard power source.

Still perpetual motion exists, I don't see how anyone can put a new universe into motion unless you were God. And since everything is in motion the machine of the universe of which god has created and for those of you who believe energy can not be created nor destroyed I am sorry that you do not see the beauty of an allready perfect design. I am going to catch a movie, but I'll leave you with this question, is the universe in perpetual motion is it a perpetual machine if we can not prove there is a future for say it be in motion tomorrow.

Still perpetual motion exists,

No, it doesn't. If you think that it does, then prove it.

I don't see how anyone can put a new universe into motion unless you were God.

ok...but why does it have to be God?

And since everything is in motion the machine of the universe of which god has created and for those of you who believe energy can not be created nor destroyed I am sorry that you do not see the beauty of an allready perfect design.

Again, prove that energy can be created or destroyed.

I am going to catch a movie, but I'll leave you with this question, is the universe in perpetual motion is it a perpetual machine if we can not prove there is a future for say it be in motion tomorrow.

The universe as a whole is undefinable by default. There is no way to make such claim.

Still perpetual motion exists, I don't see how anyone can put a new universe into motion unless you were God. And since everything is in motion the machine of the universe of which god has created and for those of you who believe energy can not be created nor destroyed I am sorry that you do not see the beauty of an allready perfect design.

God doesn't figure in to it, if he does for you then you need to post this on the theology forum. Perfect design? do you have any proof of perfection?

I am going to catch a movie, but I'll leave you with this question, is the universe in perpetual motion is it a perpetual machine if we can not prove there is a future for say it be in motion tomorrow.

The progression of time has noting to do with perpetual motion. Entropy is what denies perpetual motion, all things run down. Given enough time all motions will cease. It's just how things work. Nothing is forever.

Have you ever noticed that the sun comes up and the sun goes down while the moon goes around the earth. The stars and galaxies are also in motion. This is convincing evidence of perpetual motion or motion that never stops.
This is not the usual meaning of the phrase “perpetual motion”.
Albert Einstein wrote a book called time warp I have never read it, but, a time warp, suggests that motion are different speeds while overall motion is constant.
I believe I’ve seen complete bibliographies of all the writings of Einstein, none of which mention a book called time warp.

:naughty: Please provide a link or reference backing up you claim. :D

Perhaps you’re thinking of Kip Thorne’s book “Black Holes and Time Warps: Einstein's Outrageous Legacy”? Or Richard O’Brian’s song “Time Warp”? :)

I said the universe went through a wormhole and my model of the universe is eternal
:Exclamati Please back up your claim with links or references :Exclamati
Have you ever actually put small magnets of any shape, suspended or not suspended in a liquid, inside a large hollow magnet of any shape?

I suggest you do. I believe you’d observe something that would surprise you.

O.k. then light isn't constant than right, I'm merely pointing out that light is a constant and that light is always in motion. Are you saying that everything is going to come to a stop, even light? Cause if you are then in the bible it stays that the stars will fall from the sky so you would be agreeing with the bible I think? As far as a new thread I don't think it is necessary. Unless you would like me to talk about God as the creator of past, present, and future. No one still could answer if light is constant then how would motion end where there would be no future.

O.k. then light isn't constant than right, I'm merely pointing out that light is a constant and that light is always in motion. Are you saying that everything is going to come to a stop, even light? Cause if you are then in the bible it stays that the stars will fall from the sky so you would be agreeing with the bible I think? As far as a new thread I don't think it is necessary. Unless you would like me to talk about God as the creator of past, present, and future. No one still could answer if light is constant then how would motion end where there would be no future.

Light is not a single entity, it is composed of many separate waves and photons any one of which can and will stop when it hits anything. If you want to talk about god you need to take this to the theology forum, you can talk about god all you want there and talking about god or the lack there of doesn't bother me in the least.

O.K I'll refrain from talking about God here, but then I will have to take the position that energy can not be created nor destroyed which doesn't bother me because I can argue from both perspectives at least when I am free to speak my mind I feel better about it.

Anyway, according to the scientific perspective motion is still constant. And you say it runs into things and stop. Untrue, it merely bends around something. Further explain what you mean by all light coming to a complete stop and give a very long explanation without quoting me because I would be really interested to see exactly where you get your information and why you go against the laws of Sir Isacc Newton and Albert Einstein.