1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you follow the Euro08?

• Yes, soccer is the best!
    • I watch about 2/3 of the games
    • I watch only the final and semi-finals
    • No, because untill now I never heard of it
    • No, I couldn't care less about soccer
    • other

Well over here in Switzerland there is the Euro going on (if you do not know what it is you can go straight to the no option in the poll) and I read somewhere that over 4 billions (=4000 millions) of people are supposed to follow it. This means roughly 2/3 of world population. I think it is way exagerated, but this may be biased by the fact that I'm one of the few non-soccer fan.

So my question is what it the % of people here who follow this tournament?

Soccer...?

What's that?

It's not a game unless it's played with an oval ball, and two teams of fifteen really big men use that ball as an excuse to stomp on each other with spiked heels for two stretches of 40 minutes each. Without body armour. None of that wimpy American "Football", if you catch my drift.

These guys are particularly good at it.

So, I voted a big fat "No". Chacmool might vote different - she's one of the very few South African soccer nuts that I know of.

European soccer is not that big in the US (imagine that).

I played soccer for 12 years and love the sport. It's one of the few sports games I like watching on tv. Am I following Euro 08? No, but not for either of the reasons given in the poll, so I didn't vote.

Soccer...?

What's that?

It's not a game unless it's played with an oval ball, and two teams of fifteen really big men use that ball as an excuse to stomp on each other with spiked heels for two stretches of 40 minutes each. Without body armour. None of that wimpy American "Football", if you catch my drift.

These guys are particularly good at it.

So, I voted a big fat "No". Chacmool might vote different - she's one of the very few South African soccer nuts that I know of.

Rugby players, they look like American football players,... only smaller.:eek_big:

you're not going to get a good representation of the actual percentage for people who are watching Euro 2008 on this site because there seems to be a huge over-representation of north america on here most of whom won't be that interested because there are so many other sports to follow over there. there have been some brilliant games so far and some amazing comebacks. i'm watching Turkey vs Gurmany at the moment in the first semi. it's amazing that Turkey got even this far when you look at the other huge footballing nations in the competition. i was supporting the Netherlands (NOT Holland!!!!) until they went out to Russia because England didn't make it to the finals, tut.

Becca.

you're not going to get a good representation of the actual percentage for people who are watching Euro 2008 on this site because there seems to be a huge over-representation of north america on here most of whom won't be that interested because there are so many other sports to follow over there.

I'd watch it if they showed it on TV, but unless I pay like 80 dollars extra to get some sports subscription, they won't air it.

Rugby players, they look like American football players,... only smaller.:)

It's because its such a dangerous and manly game, that the cameramen stands much farther away than they do in American football which, because its such a wimpy game, is played with body armour, and the players have been told not to eat the cameramen.

So the players only look smaller, you see.