Science Forums

Pending upgrade

Tormod

This is just a note to inform you folks that around June 27 (give or take a day or two) we will be performing routine upgrades and maintenance, so the forums may be closed for a few hours. Killean and I will post a notice when we're ready to start rolling. :sherlock:

Oh god! I hate change! I won't know what to do, everything will be different! I'll have to learn it all over again! AAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG! OK, OK , I'M BETTER NOW, I TOOK MY MEDICATION, CALM, CALM calm calm, ok I'm all better, sorry about that cheif......

• 2 weeks later...

This is mostly a maintenance and bugfix release, but it is also a move for us from the latest Release Candidate to the current Stable version. Hopefully the bugs we have experienced lately have been ironed out.

After the upgrade some design issues have been found (mostly due to minor code changes) and this will take some time to fix.

We have also added a new feature to our forums where we can control at what level users gain access to benefits - like posting links in posts, access to special forums, post images etc. Users now need 10 posts to be able to post links. Hopefully this will help us get rid of the recent spam pest problem... :cup:

this is mostly a maintenance and bugfix release, but it is also a move for us from the latest release candidate to the current stable version. Hopefully the bugs we have experienced lately have been ironed out.

After the upgrade some design issues have been found (mostly due to minor code changes) and this will take some time to fix.

We have also added a new feature to our forums where we can control at what level users gain access to benefits - like posting links in posts, access to special forums, post images etc. Users now need 10 posts to be able to post links. Hopefully this will help us get rid of the recent spam pest problem... :cup:

What? You mean I wasn't supposed to shoot the spammers? Damn, now what will I do with the bodies?