Science Forums

M-Brane theory

There is one theory that does not break down at the BB, wave theory, and I'm pretty sure that it extends to before the BB.

Moon, how do we take our imagination that evolved in a three dimensional time related universe and go to a place where measurements are so small as to be almost zero and time is almost zero?

I think that is one of the flaws of BBT, I think, and of course you can take my thoughts any way you want, that eventually we will find out the BB is just a mathematical construct that is the best explination for what we now know but new data will change that. I can't explain away the CMBR but sometimes we do get things right by coincidence. Maybe my brain just can't allow me to think of absolutely nothing, it's easier to see higher dimensions than it is to see nothing. I like brane theory because it attempts to show where the universe came from instead of just saying it happened. To be really sure we do need data and so far all we have is ideas although some instances of gravitational lensing does match up with what Cosmic strings would do but that is still not proof. Either everything come from nothing and started out as an infinitely dense point or something else happened that could make us think that was what happened. I like brane theory, it "feels" right to me but that doesn't mean anything to reality.

Thanks for confirming that you ARE an ignoramus.

Resorting to that kind of attack shows you're a little uncomfortable with your own position. Brane theory is interesting and possibly correct. We may never be able to prove it. To say that nothing came before the BB may be a factual statement. If so, it would be the only event in the universe that didn't have a natural cause. Pardon me if I find that unlikey. By the way, Moontanman is a very intelligent person and when it come to the universe's birth, we can all share a degree of ignorance--comes with the territory.

Alright, you clearly don't know what you are talking about. The light from the CMBR has been traveling for over 13 billion years, but the actual distance to the CMBR source is much further away from that, more like 45 billion light years.

You are not citing anything, you are basically taking figures out of context, without actually understanding what they mean.

You should really try to stop pretending you know about redshifts and astronomy, because it is quite obvious that you don't. It's fine if you don't know anything about it, as there are people on this site, myself included, who do and will be more than happy to educate others. When you are ready to sit down and learn the basics, just let me know. Before you go off making your own little pet theories, it would be helpful if you actually understand the established ones and why they work.

OK. So with these new figures, the Virgo Cluster should have a redshift of

That still does not correlate with the VC RS of .0035 to .004.

45^9 divided by 1000 = 4.5^7.

The VC distance is determined to be 54^6 lys. Divide that by 4.5^7 and you get 1.2 as the VC RS.

That still does not correlate with the VC RS that is much smaller at .0035..

So your BBT figures does not match the VC's distance RS that is based on real science.

Mike C