Science Forums

Website request

binabik

Could i get anyone who knows of any websites that are databases for ameture spacecraft designers. as in you know how there are a ton of people into star trek and they have fan ship designs, well i was thinking a website like this that is for ideas for realisitic future spacecraft.

thanks in advance

i am talking about people who like space stations or space crafts and just want to design them, i am talking about a site where the people on it don't know much about it and self teach themselfs that type of thing
I think you’re talking about right here, in the space forum of hypography!

A lot of us enjoy discussing spacecraft design, and have overlapping science and technical background that roughly qualifies us, collectively, at least, as a rocket scientist. ;)

Just post your design thoughts, rough or polished, preliminary or detailed, in this or a new thread, and plenty of feedback should follow. :esmoking:

• 2 weeks later...

i haven't replied but i am here, a think about me, i do not know how to search for original ideas, i don't want to think my ideas are original and accidently violate a copyright, second i am not good at drawings, i am good at writing my ideas down, and if you give me an objective it wouldn't take long to come up with an idea that has no scientific basing and i don't know if said idea would even be possible, also i get my inspiration from sources, i mean for instance, most of my current ideas have come from canceled space ideas, especially the dynasoar, my favorite, and the problems with them, technical and others, for instance the dynasoar didn't have a goal, i learn from that to have a definative goal, alot of the past space craft have budget over runs, what i want to do is eventually get 5 to 10 close friends to put the entire thing on paper, every single detail before i even ask for funding or money or sponsers or anything, right now i am actually going to school for aerospace engineering but i have only gone to my first semester, i am just looking for places to gather more ideas, i figure the more ideas i get the better off i will be.

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

ok, well i don't have a compiled list, but i brain stormed on another technological thing, a live abourd ship for 100-200 people to live on like a city, i am going to go to forums for ship designing and post on it, after that i will post the forum address if anyone is interested