Science Forums

A rather unorthodox view of relativity.

I personally find it quite difficult to comprehend why the physics community puts such absolute faith in the validity of Einstein's theory of relativity.

If you disagree with an empirically validated prediction of General Relativity, you are wrong.

Experimental Basis of Special Relativity

Experimental constraints on Special Relativity

The Confrontation between General Relativity and Experiment

[gr-qc/0311039] 35 Years of Testing Relativistic Gravity: Where do we go from here?

Experimental constraints on General Relativity

Relativity in the Global Positioning System

Relativistic effects on orbital clocks

[gr-qc/9909014] Kinetic Energy and the Equivalence Principle

Amer. J. Phys. 71 770 (2003)

Phys. Rev. Lett. 92 121101 (2004)

Nature 425 374-376 (2003).

The Confrontation between General Relativity and Experiment

Section 3.4.1, Figure 5

falling light

GPS and

[astro-ph/0609417] Tests of general relativity from timing the double pulsar

http://www.oakland.edu/physics/mog29/mog29.pdf

Deeply relativistic neutron star binary PSR J0737-3039A/B

16.8995 deg/yr periastron advance

You are wrong.

Anssi, you know, if you weren't here I would be very tempted to just walk away from this...

Looking at some of the responses, I am not surprised... But I hope you won't walk away.

And I wish someone better versed in math (and someone with some time in their hands) was here to help also :I

...I have suspicions that, consistent with most all professionals I have ever talked to, their real interest is finding something they can point to which which makes the need to examine things more carefully seem to be a waste of time.

My god you are right; UncleAl's post is just almost too appropriate to this comment. Well maybe he is not a professional but, what can I say... I actually had to look at what was he quoting exactly, and it was the fifth sentence of the OP. Fifth! :eek: I'm speechless :(

To the benefit of anyone else skimming this thread; no one is disagreeing with any experiments. Please make sure you have at least some idea about the topic before you create unnecessary noise.

-Anssi