Science Forums

Control of neutral particles

Moontanman

Magnetic fields can affect charged particles as can a static charge. Both magnetic fields and static charges are being investigated to repel charged particles in space craft, moon bases and are used to control charged particles in various other endeavors. What I want to know is there any "force fields" (for want of a better term) that can be used to manipulate neutral particles such as neutrons? Is there any reason to think such a thing might be developed? I've done a lot of searching and I can't find any reference to this possibility or even a theory that says it might be done. Has anyone else come across any information on this possibility?

Can you expand on this, please?

Yes, it was reported on one of the science sites, Scientific American i think, that charging a moon base with an extreme positive charge was being looked into to repel any positive charged particles from the sun. it was explained as the first use of a real force feild. It was positive since most charged particles from the sun are positive.

Yes, it was reported on one of the science sites, Scientific American i think, that charging a moon base with an extreme positive charge was being looked into to repel any positive charged particles from the sun. it was explained as the first use of a real force feild. It was positive since most charged particles from the sun are positive.

Hmm, I did not know there were any moon bases, outside science fiction that is.