Science Forums

End Game

Racoon

Like anyone else, I'd love to see world peace, equality and fairness, albeit, I don't think it's possible through the sole control of a group of 200 or so men and women.

Nor do I. I see the current state of the world a bit parallel to the early American adventure, where a few very bright and very passionate people came together to form a new nation, to put forth ideals which are "self evident."

This was a huge societal phase shift, a break from the old and a grand experiment which has worked quite well for a few hundred years now.

It's time to do it again, and this time, to include the whole globe. We don't have to do this using old ideas and outdated power hierarchies where a few wealthy control millions in poverty.

We are at one of those critical turning points in history. One of those times where people are waking up and seeing things anew, finding friends in places they never thought possible.

I was attacking the ignorant fear mongering, not you. If you want to encourage passion in people, then do so with a forward thinking mind of rational and logically based hope.

Videos like this appeal to our most archaic emotions, and those primitive approaches are EXACTLY what are failing all of us right now. Basically, I'm tired of nonsense saying who is doing what and how "evil" and how "awful" and how "conspiratorial" everything is.

How about a video with a new idea on how to do things better? How about a video which pulls people together to bring us out of this medieval body politick? How about something which inspires us to transcend, instead of to arrange public stonings?

I don't disagree that there are very real bad things happening.

I do disagree that the best approach to stop those things is to scare people.

I am ready for the populace to wake up and realize their dreams. It's not going to help if we've been feeding them with nightmares during the entire time they were asleep.

The New World Order is nothing like the old world order, and it is pretty important we all understand the difference. We absolutely can not maintain our way of life in the US, because our finite reality makes this an impossibility.

Which brings me to a question for Moontanman. Exactly how do you want to live, because we darn well better get real and make decisions about how are going to manage from here.

How would I like to live? At this point in my life it doesn't take much to please me, listening to my fav tunes, my aquariums, growing plants, a garden, not having my head cut off because I don't believe the way some else thinks I should, no storm troopers beating down the door because I think different than the status quo thinks, the right to a fair trial, freedom of speech, freedom to live the way I think I should. Basically the freedom to live as I please long as I don't harm someone else. Not too much to ask of life I think.

I believe the New World Order can give you all of that, however, that is not the same as having individual power and liberty.

There are many ways to describe the old world order verses the new world order. A few powerful people lording it over the masses, is old world order. The beast that rules over us now, is headless. It is a bureaucratic organization that crushes individual power and liberty. It is Prussian military bureaucracy applied to citizens. It is headless, because policy is set by a handful of people, who can all be killed tomorrow, without effecting the enactment of the policy they set the day before. Our present bureaucratic order is more powerful than any king or pharaoh hoped to be. It is completely impersonal and therefore completely crushes individual liberty and power.

"In the past, personal and political liberty depended to a considerable extent upon governmental inefficiency. The spirit of tyranny was always more than willing; but its organization was weak. Progressive science and technology have changed all this completely" Aldous Huxley

In other words, the people in all those countries Celeste listed as dictatorships, have more individual freedom and power, than the people in the US, because the countries listed do not have the bureaucratic efficiency and power of the US bureaucracy.

Much respect for that post.

Our contribution to society should be demanded as nothing more than our taxes which are actually used for the greater good. Ahh, utopia.

Those who wish to shine, to be immortal, may contribute more in the terms of their services or ideas, no problems, following your tenet "long as I don't harm someone else" there is room to shine, or room to relax and enjoy life.

The american constitution, the ideal, is a wonderful ideal.

Raging against 'the growing of the dark' is all good and well, and keeps many occupied who want something to rage against, if only so many of them were not so easily misdirected.

There is good and evil, it has little to do with religion though it is found there and has everything to do with it as well. Cynicism in human nature is not surprising, we're all out to survive and will do whatever it takes to do so, unless we've given up. There is a beauty in humanity too, a compassion and empathy. I sincerely hope America will find her way, heal herself, and shine a light of liberty for all to see.

Freedom! arghh, gurgle, sigh, arrr. - From Braveheart. B)

Are you serious about our contribtution to society being no more than paying taxes?:eek: How is this different from being a 17 old living off Mom and Dad and his only responsibility is cleaning his room and taking out the trash?

Our Declaration of Independency is a declaration of responsibility, and the worse enemy of our democracy is the human nature to avoid responsibility whenever possible.

How would I like to live? At this point in my life it doesn't take much to please me, listening to my fav tunes, my aquariums, growing plants, a garden, not having my head cut off because I don't believe the way some else thinks I should, no storm troopers beating down the door because I think different than the status quo thinks, the right to a fair trial, freedom of speech, freedom to live the way I think I should. Basically the freedom to live as I please long as I don't harm someone else. Not too much to ask of life I think.

I believe the New World Order can give you all of that, however, that is not the same as having individual power and liberty.

There are many ways to describe the old world order verses the new world order. A few powerful people lording it over the masses, is old world order. The beast that rules over us now, is headless. It is a bureaucratic organization that crushes individual power and liberty. It is Prussian military bureaucracy applied to citizens. It is headless, because policy is set by a handful of people, who can all be killed tomorrow, without effecting the enactment of the policy they set the day before. Our present bureaucratic order is more powerful than any king or pharaoh hoped to be. It is completely impersonal and therefore completely crushes individual liberty and power.

"In the past, personal and political liberty depended to a considerable extent upon governmental inefficiency. The spirit of tyranny was always more than willing; but its organization was weak. Progressive science and technology have changed all this completely" Aldous Huxley

In other words, the people in all those countries Celeste listed as dictatorships, have more individual freedom and power, than the people in the US, because the countries listed do not have the bureaucratic efficiency and power of the US bureaucracy.

How can you say that? In many if not most of those countries the individual has but two choices, do and beieve exactly as told or die. In the US we might not have a perfect world but I don't have to worry abouit being killed because I disagree with the powers that be. Good lord, in North Korea anyone who doesn't kiss the leaders *** are subject to reeducation if they are lucky they might survive to be used in chemical warfare experiments. If a famialy member does something the goverment say is wrong and this can be incredibly tiny infractions they whole family is imprisoned or killed. Would you want to live in contant fear of being arrested because someone else you had the bad luck to be related to broke the rules? The people starve while Kimjong or what ever his name is and his cronies stay fat and happy while they brazenly and with out care or worry kill people they don't like. Even if it's only a tenth as bad as we are told and I am sure it's much worse than that, it sounds like a living hell to me.

Are you serious about our contribtution to society being no more than paying taxes?:) How is this different from being a 17 old living off Mom and Dad and his only responsibility is cleaning his room and taking out the trash?

Our Declaration of Independency is a declaration of responsibility, and the worse enemy of our democracy is the human nature to avoid responsibility whenever possible.

Go back and read again. A person should not be obliged to do more than contribute a portion of their works, if you want to get all worked up and special and do more by all means do so, but don't push your 'responsibility' crap at me, or others.

A weeks work is more than enough contribution to society, and taxes from that.

How is the kid living at parents house paying their taxes?

How is a hard working man paying his taxes not contributing?

What the hell are you talking about? :)