Science Forums

Evolution Must Be Taught in Public Schools

Freddy

The D.S.

I would accept... except I really think it would just be a huge waste of time. I doubt I could convince you, and I doubt you could convince me. I can't believe in Evolution because there is no evidence of the "links", like the mix of species(I forgot what those are called) and because I am a Christian. I probably couldn't convince you because you aren't a Christian.

Do you agree with this?

The D.S.

I would accept... except I really think it would just be a huge waste of time. I doubt I could convince you, and I doubt you could convince me. I can't believe in Evolution because there is no evidence of the "links", like the mix of species(I forgot what those are called) and because I am a Christian. I probably couldn't convince you because you aren't a Christian.

Do you agree with this?

You are mistaken about those links. Link to pertinent thread to follow...:turtle:

I know this is off topic, and most likely insensitive and rather harsh, but can someone PLEASE tell me why moyself, the guy who has been going from thread to thread, spreading every kinda religious woo-ha and kind of information, aka his stance on global warming being wrong, creationisnm in schools, Gods attempt to save us all ect..., why his karma status is decievingly high while mine, is, well, i dunno, bout as low as it gets.

His most recent post convinced me to rectify this situation. Enjoy. :turtle:

I agree that such a task is difficult and may only succeed in furthering the aggrevation. Hmm...this is a problem, because I'm very very very willling to discuss not only this topic out with you, but others.

I consider myself a true philosopher, as that being said, I need to understand why you think the way you do, and believe it or not, I am capable of being persuaded with proper motivation.

You are Christian and I...well...we can call me Agnostic for now. I wish to beter understand religion and peoples faith, and nothing would please me more than to discuss why I feel the way I do on these subjects.

World progress depends on people like you and me talking these things out, even if it may be difficult, till one or the other sees new light and both may agree. Religion has to face science eventually, and I'mnot afraid to tackel such a goliath. If you would like, we may start a new thread and start a rather important discussion on the basis of God, religion, and why science and him interact so harshly.

I know that putting together a sufficient arguement is very time consuming and quite exhausting. Perhaps when you find yourself with a very large amount of freetime we could engage in such conversations. As it is now I thoroughly understand, as I too am often consumed by college work and other obligations.

I know that putting together a sufficient arguement is very time consuming and quite exhausting. Perhaps when you find yourself with a very large amount of freetime we could engage in such conversations. As it is now I thoroughly understand, as I too am often consumed by college work and other obligations.

This will never work anyway until you guys realize that religious and scientific view points are two separate paradigms, and can never be replaced by one dominating over the other. If you don’t get that you will never every be able to understand what mind and spirit represent.

It is possible, for me anyway, for you to persuade me. I only feel the way I do about evolution, God, and the world because of information I know, my personal knowledge/experiance, and because it simply is more reasonable to me.

If you, perhaps, were to suddenly appear with proof or evidence for ur case I would (honestly here) be most definitely persuaded to re-think my ways and/or join the ranks of Christianity.

The same, hopefully, applies to yourself, that if I were able to do the same, such an action would arise.

Thunderbird is right. If you somehow convinced me that Evolution was true, it would override my religious beliefs. If I convinced you that Creation was true, it would (obviously) override your beliefs in evolution, and I would have to convince you that the Bible is true.

Evolution is not about belief.

You are equivocating. Look it up.

Why is your faith unbreakable? I would have to frown on that notion, as no one "truly" knows anything when it comes to things such as religion. So your saying, that if I showed you in every way, shape, and form that God, his religion, and his teachings are wrong, that you would still believe?

If you did this, I would believe you, but there are so many things in the Bible that agree with what is happening today.

I think it would be possible for me to convince you, but my belief in Christianity is unbreakable. Another problem with sharing viewpoints is that my side would probably be considered "preaching" and I would get banned.

Probably preaching? Give me a break. :shy: Everyone wants to be a martyr these days. Hopefully no one keeps you waiting. Meantime, the topic is science. :turtle:

http://hypography.com/forums/history-forum/13372-judgment-day-intelligent-design-trial.html?highlight=creationism+case

Moyself, you have opened a very large debate and I find it fascinating because I want to challenge your faith, not out of dislike for you (i happen to find our convo quite enlightening) but because every one needs their cage rattled now and then to test their might and mettle.

How are the teachings of the Bible reflected in todays world, now that you have mentioned it?