Science Forums

The da vinci code

plain_heropt1

hi im new to all of this, maybe its a topic that as already been spoke about! does anybody out there believe in the Dan Brown book, The Da Vinci code? and the fact that he may be right in what he was saying about the way that there could be a blood line of christ on this earth today,? the reason for the question is that the knight templars do exist today, because they have links to the freemasons, and if they are guarding a secret do the freemasons know about it? please be gentle with me, as i am as i say new to all of this, thank you for your time and any comments will be sunk into my brain! and i will not pass judgement on any of you as our minds are inadvertantly on the same wave length, thank you once again

Hi PH1,

Of course it's possible that there was a Christ bloodline. Of course there were soldiers of the church, and those sworn to protect it. Of course there were secret societies where powerful stories were passed from generation to generation. This is all absolutely possible, and a very large percentage of it likely true.

My own stance, however, and concurrent with the above, is that our fault is believing in christ as the lord god. He was just another guy. Mortal. He said some great things and people have learned from those things. But, god is imaginary, the bible was written by men, and the rest of it is just interesting back story.

Regardless of your beliefs, and regardless if any of the above is true or happened, Dan Brown is an excellent author, and I recall not putting the book down until I was done. Just a few cups of tea, a fireplace and a blanket, and that book got tore up. :hihi:

I actually like Angels and Demons better though. Cheers. :lol:

• 1 month later...