Science Forums

Cancer Cures

Taxol With Avastin Greatly Slowed Breast Cancer Progression, Study Shows

ScienceDaily (Jan. 1, 2008) — Highly positive results are reported from the first nationwide clinical study showing the benefits of an antiangiogenic agent in breast cancer therapy.

The study with Avastin showed the biggest improvement in metastatic breast cancer ever reported in a chemotherapy-based clinical trial

. . .

Avastin is a human monoclonal antibody that acts to reduce the development of blood vessels that feed tumors

Quite a large study.

Taxol With Avastin Greatly Slowed Breast Cancer Progression, Study Shows

The pacific yew, an uncommon tree and original source of the anti-cancer drug taxol.

:) :confused: :confused:

Interesting site

Jonathan Treasure: Cancer & Herbal Medicine

I've always found the early 1920's work of Royal Raymond Rife fascinating.

Back then Rife claimed to have found the cancer causing virus, and he proved through his extensive lab work that this virus was pleomorphic and also responsible for a wide variety of other illnesses including Tuberculosis, etc.

He was further able to destroy this virus, and other microorganisms responsible for disease by way of radio frequency delivered via frequency generation equipment and phanotron plasma tube. He called the frequency at which a given pathogen oscillated its Mortal Oscillatory Rate (MOR).

After having his work vetted by the biggest medical minds of the day, and subsequently collaborating with several of them on extensive testing of 'terminal' patients who had run out of allopathic treatment options, he was essentially destroyed in court by the forming medical powers (AMA) to prevent the technology from instead destroying the profits of the industry.

The story really is fascinating. He was able to demonstrate both in vitro and in vivo the efficacy of frequency treatment after locating, by experimention, the proper resonant frequency for the respective pathogens he worked with.

One particular book entitled 'The Cancer Cure That Worked: 50 Years of Suppression' gives detailed history. There's also much information on the net. One history is here: History of Royal R. Rife

This is the most detailed reverse engineering that I've seen done on the actual equipment Rife used:

http://www.rife.de/files/rifeinstrumenthistory.pdf

Evidence continues to surface in modern times, almost a century later, that what Rife did was real and demonstrable.

Here is just the latest:

New Way to Kill Viruses: Shake Them to Death | LiveScience

Essiac compound
Essiac is very popular among my friends – of the dozen or so who have had cancerous tumors in the past couple decades with whom I’ve discussed it, (including my wife - kidney cancer, serendipitously detected via ultrasound and successfully cured via a nephrectomy in 1997), to the best of my recollection over half of them used Essiac as a compliment to conventional surgery and chemotherapy.

Despite its popularity, its efficacy as a treatment of cancer is, if it has any at all, very minor. No animal or human study has shown any benefit in those using it vs. those not (many sources, including Questionable Cancer Therapies). At about US$1 / recommended dose (per ESSIAC Original formula 10.5oz Liquid Extract | Essiac Brand), it’s neither unusually cheap nor expensive, though some people use many times the recommended dose. It has, to the best of my knowledge, nearly no toxicity, so no reasonable potential for overdose. I know a couple of herbalists (including, for a few years, my wife) who made their own and gifted it to friends with cancer.

Like many plant products, Essiac is a moderately good antioxidant, so regular use of it likely reduced the risk of getting cancer, though likely not as much as larger quantities of ordinary fruits and vegetables. As the previous link indicates, like ordinary dietary antioxidants, it appears to have no ability to shrink or cure an existing cancerous tumor.

Despite it’s apparent lack of therapeutic efficacy, I personally approve of Essiac, or any other non-harmful complimentary alternative cancer medicine. For many people, I believe, simply being able to take some action to treat their cancer reduces feelings of helplessness, and is psychologically beneficial. If such psychological benefits result in greater relaxation, motivation, and attention to conventional treatment, it can improve ones medical outcome.

Despite it’s apparent lack of therapeutic efficacy, I personally approve of Essiac, or any other non-harmful complimentary alternative cancer medicine. For many people, I believe, simply being able to take some action to treat their cancer reduces feelings of helplessness, and is psychologically beneficial. If such psychological benefits result in greater relaxation, motivation, and attention to conventional treatment, it can improve ones medical outcome.

I agree, if it give hope it is good.

Many oncologists in the parst seem to 'point the bone' and not allow room for hope. Although I think this may be changing now, as they become aware of the psychological dimensions of the didease.

OutsidetheBox

Interesting

I have seen at least three studies implicating a virus or bacteria in Cancer

One we are battling with in Oz is the facial tumour in Tasmanian tigers which is genetically all the same cancer no matter which animal has it (!).

There is also an interesting, if terrible, breast cancer cluster of 17? women who worked together at the ABC in Brisbane. A statistically, by chance, impossible event. Scientists have looked at every possible work place variable and as yet have not come up with any solutions/causes.

I remember a wise old European doctor I worked with in a TB unit when I was a kid. He said in a staff meeting that TB was a 'psychosomatic disease'.

We all howled him down. How could it be ?

He explained that most people come into contact with the TB bacteria the majority shrug it off with maybe a few minor cold symptoms. those with psychological issues (depression, alcoholism) got the disease.

OutsidetheBox

Interesting

I have seen at least three studies implicating a virus or bacteria in Cancer

One we are battling with in Oz is the facial tumour in Tasmanian tigers which is genetically all the same cancer no matter which animal has it (!).

There is also an interesting, if terrible, breast cancer cluster of 17? women who worked together at the ABC in Brisbane. A statistically, by chance, impossible event. Scientists have looked at every possible work place variable and as yet have not come up with any solutions/causes.

I remember a wise old European doctor I worked with in a TB unit when I was a kid. He said in a staff meeting that TB was a 'psychosomatic disease'.

We all howled him down. How could it be ?

He explained that most people come into contact with the TB bacteria the majority shrug it off with maybe a few minor cold symptoms. those with psychological issues (depression, alcoholism) got the disease.

I don't know about the psychosomatic part of TB. Yikes...

I do believe, though, that different people do clearly have different susceptibilities to the same pathogenic organisms.

If you take a look at Rife's work, what he did in proving the pleomorphism of the causative virus was extremely interesting. By changing the medium provided for the organism to grow in a variety of manner he was able to take the original virus to cancer, to TB, to other various forms of disease, and then again back to the original virus. All of it depended upon the nature of the growth medium provided for incubation/living condition.

Much of the modern study data focused on cell wall resistance is interesting. It does seem to follow that lowered resistance (in both the context of immunological resistance and that of literal cell wall resistance of otherwise healthy human cells) facilitates a significantly higher likelihood of pathogenic infection.

Separately, the work of Dr. Bob Beck and his blood electrification protocol appears to demonstratively increase cell wall resistance and thus both prevent infection of healthy cells and to clear previously infected cells via some manifestion of sodium/calcium exchange through the cell wall. There are a bunch of studies available at pubmed (and elsewhere) showing this effect in the context of blood electrification. Not the least of which is one study made by Kaali, Lyman, et al. on the electrification of blood in vitro stopping the HIV virus in its tracks. Strangely (or not, if you believe in the medical-industrial complex proactively censoring competition to allopathic medicine), the article is referenced at Pubmed, but no more information seems publicly available...

Medical researchers patented AIDS cure in 1990

First thing I'd do if myself or someone close to me had cancer would be to implement the Beck protocol (and primarily blood electrification, though there are other parts) and get some rife equipment...

literal cell wall resistance of otherwise healthy human cells) facilitates a significantly higher likelihood of pathogenic infection.

one of the resaons people are starting to get worried about fine particle pollution is it's ability to move though the lungs into cells.

. . .

Strangely (or not, if you believe in the medical-industrial complex proactively censoring competition to allopathic medicine), the article is referenced at Pubmed, but no more information seems publicly available...

Medical researchers patented AIDS cure in 1990

First thing I'd do if myself or someone close to me had cancer would be to implement the Beck protocol (and primarily blood electrification, though there are other parts) and get some rife equipment...

I think intervening with someone with cancer is fraught. They often feel overwhelmed with the news and all the info out there on cures. Some just go into denial, others fight, some become paralysed with fear, others become clinically depressed. Often they tend to just do what ONE person ,they feel they can trust, tells them to do, to prevent information overload.

(See the amount of information in this thread- that has only been going for a couple of months for example.)

Strangely today's news has info. about a new vaccine for breast cancer.

New breast cancer vaccination drug | Health news | Marie Claire

we have also had a vaccine for cervical cancer since last year.

So there are two cancers with viral?/bacterial? causes.

You would think that if cancer was/is "catchable" like the flu you would have clusters of it among the medical profession (doctors nurses etc)-people who had close contact with cancer patients- not ABC broadcasters?!

Back to your cell wall theory and my TB one?

one of the resaons people are starting to get worried about fine particle pollution is it's ability to move though the lungs into cells.

. . .

Agreed. Adhesion is key in most all pathogenic circumstances where actual cell invasion is not. Thus, it makes sense that the cell wall is a good focal point for evaluating most all pathogenic processes...

I think intervening with someone with cancer is fraught. They often feel overwhelmed with the news and all the info out there on cures. Some just go into denial, others fight, some become paralysed with fear, others become clinically depressed. Often they tend to just do what ONE person ,they feel they can trust, tells them to do, to prevent information overload.

(See the amount of information in this thread- that has only been going for a couple of months for example.)

I don't disagree. All people can do as individuals, though, is provide advice/suggestion when asked. Allopathic medicine (and in particular chemotherapy) is pretty scary, though, since it directly links the profit motive of the medical-pharmaceutical community with cancer treatment. This wouldn't be so bad if there weren't a variety of other prospective cancer treatments that have been either buried or ignored by the mainstream medical community over the years. The work of Rife and Beck are the two I'm most familiar with, and the overt disregard (and even undermining) of both by the existing medical-industrial powers smacks of conflict and disingenuousness...

Strangely today's news has info. about a new vaccine for breast cancer.

New breast cancer vaccination drug | Health news | Marie Claire

we have also had a vaccine for cervical cancer since last year.

So there are two cancers with viral?/bacterial? causes.

You would think that if cancer was/is "catchable" like the flu you would have clusters of it among the medical profession (doctors nurses etc)-people who had close contact with cancer patients- not ABC broadcasters?!

Back to your cell wall theory and my TB one?

Yup, again agreed, lowered cell resistance as correlated with lowered skin resistance to electrical stimulation seems to also be directly correlated in modern mainstream medical literature with normal human cell resistance to pathogenic infection...

I urge you to have a look at Rife's work related to pleomorphism. In and of itself, and separate from the rest of his work, it is quite intriguing.

I'm not a big fan of vaccinations. I don't trust those in charge, in general. What I've read on the new HPV virus just smacks of more profit driven hypocrisy. For those who haven't seen the recent and instructive government admission linking autism and vaccines I suggest these should be high on the reading list:

David Kirby: Government Concedes Vaccine-Autism Case in Federal Court - Now What? - Living on The Huffington Post

Fight Over Vaccine-Autism Link Hits Court - washingtonpost.com

Thanks for your comments I will follow up the references you gave.

m

Sure. I enjoy discussing the topic.

Additionally, here's an excellent video documentary on the years of successful treatment provided cancer sufferers down under (somewhere near you) by Dr. John Holt via radio frequency.

Quite amazing, and also quite similar to the method Rife used:

Cancer Radio Wave Therapy (Part 1 of 2) http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3336255008266740863&q=doctor+john+holt+australia&total=4&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Edit: I understand Holt has now retired overseas to the U.K.

(Sorry my internet connection is too slow for video)

Extract Of Broccoli Sprouts May Protect Against Bladder Cancer

ScienceDaily (Feb. 29, 2008) — A concentrated extract of freeze dried broccoli sprouts cut development of bladder tumors in an animal model by more than half, according to a report in the March 1 issue of Cancer Research.

Extract Of Broccoli Sprouts May Protect Against Bladder Cancer

FOXNEWS.COM HOME > HEALTH

Marijuana Compound May Stop Breast Cancer From Spreading, Study Says

Monday, November 19, 2007

FOXNews.com - Marijuana Compound May Stop Breast Cancer From Spreading, Study Says - Health News | Current Health News | Medical News

As effective as chemotherapy and acting on a particular gene-

amazing research amazing plant.

Some time ago I mentioned the off-beat theory that the body wrapped toxins in fat and stored them away.

Strange but true??

Here is a report that may support this theory.

(NaturalNews) Many conventional media sources, known collectively as "Mainstream Media," or MSM, repeat the conventional wisdom of obesity's causes: sedentary lifestyle and poor nutrition. These factors are irrefutable contributors to the worldwide, growing obesity epidemic. Yet lifestyle and nutrition factors do not tell the whole story. There are much more nuanced and insidiously dangerous implications in the massive increase in obesity: connections to rising cancer rates, and correlations to stored body toxicity. This article illustrates the growing evidence linking this "unholy triad" of obesity, cancer, and toxicity.

The rise in worldwide obesity rates parallel the increase in environmental toxicity. Meanwhile, cancer rates continue to rise; the WHO believes that cancer rates may increase by more than 50% by 2020. Meanwhile, more studies show that cancerous tumors are storehouses of high concentrations of toxic man-made chemicals

The Link Between Obesity, Cancer, and Toxicity (Part 1)

Aspirin's Colorectal Cancer Prevention Mechanism Revealed

ScienceDaily (May 24, 2007) — Aspirin therapy's ability to reduce the risk of colorectal cancer, an association seen in a large number of studies, appears to depend on the drug's inhibition of the COX-2 enzyme, the action that also underlies aspirin's usefulness for treating pain and inflammation. In the May 24 New England Journal of Medicine, investigators from Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Brigham and Women's Hospital report that regular aspirin intake only reduced the incidence of colorectal tumors that overexpress COX-2

For the current study, the researchers focused on almost 83,000 NHS participants and about 47,000 HPFS participants for whom necessary information was available

. . .

Fuchs adds, "An individual who has had colorectal cancer in the past is at higher risk for subsequent tumors, and that might be someone who should discuss the advisability of taking aspirin with his or her primary care physician

Aspirin's Colorectal Cancer Prevention Mechanism Revealed

Conclusions Regular use of aspirin appears to reduce the risk of colorectal cancers that overexpress COX-2 but not the risk of colorectal cancers with weak or absent expression of COX-2.

NEJM -- Aspirin and the Risk of Colorectal Cancer in Relation to the Expression of COX-2

Oral Cancer May be Treated with Proanthocyanidins from Medicinal Plants

. .

Proanthocyanidins are chemicals in the flavonoid family, naturally occurring in the seeds and skins of grapes (including red wine), pine bark, green and black tea, and berries including bilberries, cranberries, chokeberries and black currant berries.

"This research shows that the natural medicines in berries works as an effective replacement for chemotherapy in many cancers,"

Expensive berries for many to buy here.

Oral Cancer May be Treated with Proanthocyanidins from Medicinal Plants

Echinacea leaf is also high in flavanoids (Duke) and is easy to grow.

----------------

There is a documented case somewhere (HDRA may have details) about mouth/jaw cancer being treated with Russian Comfrey poultices

Hemp seed oil

Hemp seed oil contains linoleic acid (LA) and -linolenic acid

(LNA) as its major omega-6 and omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids

(PUFA), respectively.

These fatty acids comprise the most desirable

contents of the oil, especially due to the ratios in which they exist. The

3:1 ratio of LA to LNA is alleged to be optimal for nutrition (Deferne

and Pate, 1996; Callaway, Tennila & Pate, 1996; Erasmus, 1999).

The additional presence of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) in hemp seed oil ultimately makes its nutritional value superior to most comparable seed oils.

The myriad of benefits reported to be attributable to omega-

3 PUFA include anticancer, anti-inflammatory, and anti-thrombotic

properties.

In addition, dietary omega-3 PUFA help to increase general

metabolic rates and promote the burning of fat (Erasmus, 1999; Simopoulos,

1994).

. . .

Omega-3 PUFA have been reported to have an inhibitory effect on

cancer and tumor growth. Increased consumption of omega-3 PUFA

have not been shown to exhibit any negative side effects, but their

beneficial qualities have been repeatedly confirmed.

. . .

Perhaps the most interesting activity of -tocopherol which has not

yet been widely studied, is its ability to act as an anticancer agent,

specifically with respect to colon cancer.

Because -tocopherol is

secreted via the bile into the intestine and fecal material, it can inhibit

lipid peroxidation and reduce the formation of mutagenic peroxidation

products in the bowel (Stone & Papas, 1997). Ultimately, by being

excreted into the colon, as opposed to being active in the plasma,

-tocopherol is able to minimize DNA damage caused by reactive

nitrogen oxide species (Stone & Papas, 1997).

Within hemp seed oil, -tocopherol is present in significantly higher

quantities than -tocopherol;

http://raskin8500-226.rutgers.edu/~alexanderpoulev/HempOil.pdf

Some time ago I mentioned the off-beat theory that the body wrapped toxins in fat and stored them away.

Strange but true??

I've read that the body stores toxins in fat, and a woman who breast feeds reduces her risk of cancer because the toxins are excreted in the milk. Good news for Mum, bad news for baby.

Storage of [environmental toxins] in fat 'may be considered a kind of protective mechanism, keeping the chemical away from critical targets such as the nervous system'...

...the higher concentrations [of chemicals] found in human milk 'reflect to a great extent the levels in adipose tissue (body fat), a reservoir which is built up during many years and mobilized during lactation'. Indeed, [Dr Allan Jensen] argues, breast feeding is the main vehicle for excreting these substances in lactating mothers.

Quote from: Cadbury, D. (1997). The Feminization of Nature: Our Future at Risk. p. 171-172.