Science Forums

Seven heads, Ten horns

Garry Denke

Once Upon a Time in the West . . .

All very funny, but the point of it will be? I think we have by now determined quite thoroughly the evil nature of the previously-thought-to-be-innocent harmonica.

The Name IS: "Harmonica"

Cheyenne is taken away, and Harmonica is left to deal with the newly arrived Frank. Jill goes upstairs to take a bath, while Frank tries to bribe Harmonica into giving over the property. He also attempts to find out his name, but Harmonica still gives him only the names of Frank's victims. Away from the town on his train, Morton offers Frank's men a large amount of money to kill Frank, whom Morton is tired of being pushed around by. They attack Frank after he fails to bribe Harmonica. Harmonica keeps mysteriously saving Frank from the gunmen and lets him get away. This angers Jill who wishes Frank dead, to which Harmonica remarks that not letting someone else kill him isn't the same as saving him (i.e., he wants to be the one to kill Frank). Frank arrives at Morton's train to find his entire gang murdered, save for Morton again who is only wounded and dying.

Upon Cheyenne and Harmonica's return to Sweetwater ranch, Harmonica waits for Frank to arrive. Inside Cheyenne shaves up a bit while having a heart to heart with Jill. Cheyenne tells her that men like he and Harmonica could never deserve to be with a woman like Jill, even if she herself loved him. Frank finally does come, and still wants to know who Harmonica is. Harmonica's past and motive for revenge is then revealed. Frank, a long time ago, hanged his brother for reasons unknown, while Harmonica, as a boy, was forced to stand and act as support for his brother, who would hang if he moved. Frank told him to "Keep his lovin' brother happy", and put a harmonica in his mouth, for the sheer torture of it. Harmonica's brother died, and this left him scarred and thirsty for vengeance.

His past now revealed, Harmonica faces Frank in a duel. The two men fire, but Frank loses. As repayment for what he did so many years ago, Harmonica takes off his harmonica from the chain around his neck, and puts it inside Frank's mouth, who plays a few wheezy notes, and finally realizes who Harmonica is before dying.

. . . the point is . . .

"Always Keep your Lovin' Brother Happy"

7 heads, 10 horns, Play

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Garry, check this out:

tristero sez:

This morning, I opened up the Times to find a full two page ad - we're talking over 130,000 clams for that ad - from the John Templeton Foundation which asked the question that bedevils us all: Does The Universe Have A Purpose?

Despite assurances from our physicist friends that the language of the universe is Mathematics, not a single answer tried to express the purpose of the universe in math. Well, I decided to take up the challenge and after a tremendous amount of thought this morning, and the sacrifice of far too many innocent napkins and backs of envelopes, I finished my calculations and can happily report that, mathematically speaking, there is a Purpose (P) to the Universe. It is:

P = trB

Where:

• t is the sum of the "quantities" F, S, and G(h) - which represent the members of the Holy Trinity;
  • r is equal to 2, the dual nature of reality (spirit plus matter); and
  • B is set to Bennett's Constant.

So, does this one work? I played with it a bit, and of course Bennet's Constant is 7, but I'm having trouble getting 10 out of the rest of it...

Slightly less mathematically challenged than tristero,

Buffy

Hey Garry, check this out:

tristero sez:

So, does this one work? I played with it a bit, and of course Bennett's

Constant is 7, but I'm having trouble getting 10 out of the rest of it...

Slightly less mathematically challenged than tristero,

Buffy

Well, sum one 1111111111...

...a GD Devil thief...

stole Drive-through church...

Buddy Christ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0supC_r7uiU

So, we'll never know the universe 01234567... root,

we'll never know three after 7 fall 01234567 8 9 X

Sorry :rockon:Buddy,

Blues 'harp' Ten

The hat blocks the evil seven head ten horn beast from feedback reflectitating into frangible discombobulation. The devil never sounded so bad. :( Amen
...while allowing you to make some use of your "Straight Down Cam"...why do they sell those things in pairs anyway? :P

I'm so tired of cryin', but I'm out, :P

Monica

Man your avatar almost looks like the Tzolkin :xx:

:( Or does the Tzolkin look like my avatar? So many numbers, so little time, if I get Garry's jist. :D Serendipity so thick you can walk on it. :angel2:The avatar is 4 orientations of the base eight katabatak table of figurate numbers and as such uses 7 colors. Round & round we go, swing your partner do-sa-do. :P

The hat blocks the evil seven head ten horn beast from feedback reflectitating into frangible discombobulation. The devil never sounded so bad. Amen

...while allowing you to make some use of your "Straight Down Cam"...why do they sell those things in pairs anyway?

I'm so tired of cryin', but I'm out,

Monica

2 horns + 10 horns = 12 horns

Nothing means nothing when your empty and on your own, :P

Tuttle

Thin Lizzy,

HARMONICA is God.

I am just a cowboy lonesome on the trail

A starry night, a campfire light

The coyote call, the howling winds wail

So I ride out to the old sundown

I am just a cowboy lonesome on the trail

Lord, Im just thinking about a certain female

The nights we spent together riding on the range

Looking back it seems so strange

Roll me over and turn me around

Let me keep spinning till I hit the ground

Roll me over and let me go

Running free with the buffalo

I was took in texas I did not know her name

Lord, all these southern girls seem the same

Down below the border in a town in mexico

I got my job busting broncs for the rodeo

Roll me over and turn me around

Let me keep spinning till I hit the ground

Roll me over and let me go

Riding in the rodeo

Roll me over and set me free

The cowboys life is the life for me

Geo :earth: Turtle :turtle: says... 2 horns

+ 10 horns = 12 horns

:singer: :singer: :singer:

HARMONICA :singer:

:singer: :singer: :singer:

Seven heads, Twelve horns

This harped year I AM masquerading as an angel of light harpist having seventy (70) horns, harping these seven (7) Hohner Musikinstrumente GmbH & Co. KG "BLUESBAND" seven (7) head ten (10) horn harps here. No marvel, same masquerade past seven (7) years. How 'bout you harper dudettes? and you harper dudes?

Happy Samhain,

Satan :shrug:

The seven heads and ten horns have a connection to the seven days of creation and the ten commandments. The ten horns is sort of the shadow side of the ten commandment, or a type of alter-ego. For example, instead of love God, the first horn would hate God. Thou shall not steal becomes stealing is good, etc.

The seven heads is connected to a second cycle of the seven days of creation. This is not physical creation but cutural evolution. The symbol of the lamb with seven horns and seven eyes, who had been slain, but who is still alive, is symbolic of the good side of the seven cycles or days. The seven heads of the beast, is the alter-ego of this lamb, which would also appear.

Let there by light, is day one, or Jesus. He is the lamb. From this simple beginning for positive social change, the alter-ego or first head of the beast appears. The first head used its ten horns to slay the lamb. It didn't kill the lamb but wounded it. Through practical necessity, the original behavior had to become alterred just for survival.

Day two of the cycle of the lamb was connected to the formation of the Catholic Church. This too started out with something positive from the lamb, but it also developed an alter ego, which slayed the original good intent. It didn't kill the lamb, but the lamb was again wounded. Rather than do what Jesus taught, forgiveness of sin, the person was now full of sin and needed to constantly repress.

Day three of the lamb was the setting up of the seven Divine Kingdoms. This developed an alter-ego for the third head of the beast. This was suppose to de-centralize the authority so it was more in touch with the various aspects of demographics. But the autonomy was used as a means gather booty, without the constant watch of the central church.

Day four of the lamb, was the Age of Enlightment. From this original progressive change, the rational mind developed its own alter-ego. For example, if we start with a conclusion and then develop the arguments, it can appear like the conclusions followed from our arguments. It suppose to start at the beginning, and see where it goes. But if one has a goal in mind, that would not follow in a rational way, you do it backwards. It is hard to tell the finished products apart, but only one is correct. With people not yet fully rational, coming off the darker ages, it was like shooting fish in a barrel, leading to some irrational changes. The lamb, although slain was still alive, and good reason continue to evolve.

Day five of the lamb was the industrial revolution. It brought with it the hope of a better standard for all, but its too had an alter-ego. One could hook their employees, into a company store, for example, so they never get paid. If the prices were high enough, you get slave labor. One ends up only having to provide sub-standard shelter and food.

Day six appears to be connected to modern times. It may have induced the social changes associated with equal rights for humans, animals and the earth. But this too has an alter-ego, which wounds the lamb. It starts with conclusions and then develops the logic afterwoods. Because this is irrational and the modern mind is rational, it creates fanaticism.

Day seven is a day of rest, which has not yet appeared. This seventh day of the lamb, if the pattern continues, will cause an alter-ego to appear to complete the seventh head. One question is, what is the alter-ego of rest? Instead of sitting back and thinking about the completed project, an alter-ego might attempt to tinker with the project, and mess it up.

How 'bout you harper dudettes? and you harper dudes?

Happy Samhain,

Satan :evil:

Very funny Garry! :eight: Your tablature doesn't match the notation. Middle C is blow 4. :shrug: One note on the Hohner Blues Harps; they come with a wooden comb and after a bit of playing one has a devil:evil: of a time keeping on key:note:, which for mine is G and not C. See? Numbering our way right along, my C from Homer is Special 20 Marine Band plastic which brings us to 2 *10 = 20 and 20 = a score and a score you gave. Happy cross-quarter. :ebomb:

Happy harping

:note: :evil: :evil:

Lucifer the Devil :evil:

I am bound two post a score. Key C, Straight Harpoon, 7 Heads

K(1)=C

K(2)=D

K(3)=E

K(4)=F

K(5)=G

K(6)=A

K(7)=B

Play attached 7x7 Score (full-square upper left corner), in any orientation, no rests, one note per cell & every cell once. Obtuse geometries are conductor's notes. Trick? :note: :turtle: Or treat? :evil:

This Halloween...

...Turtle Rules!!!

So it is said, so it will be done. Lo...

http://www.literaturepage.com/read/therepublic-384.html

The Republic: Book X

Now when the spirits which were in the meadow had tarried seven days, on the eighth they were obliged to proceed on their journey, and, on the fourth day after, he said that they came to a place where they could see from above a line of light, straight as a column, extending right through the whole heaven and through the earth, in colour resembling the rainbow, only brighter and purer; another day's journey brought them to the place, and there, in the midst of the light, they saw the ends of the chains of heaven let down from above: for this light is the belt of heaven, and holds together the circle of the universe, like the under-girders of a trireme. From these ends is extended the spindle of Necessity, on which all the revolutions turn. The shaft and hook of this spindle are made of steel, and the whorl is made partly of steel and also partly of other materials. Now the whorl is in form like the whorl used on earth; and the description of it implied that there is one large hollow whorl which is quite scooped out, and into this is fitted another lesser one, and another, and another, and four others, making eight in all, like vessels which fit into one another; the whorls show their edges on the upper side, and on their lower side all together form one continuous whorl. This is pierced by the spindle, which is driven home through the centre of the eighth. The first and outermost whorl has the rim broadest, and the seven inner whorls are narrower, in the following proportions-- the sixth is next to the first in size, the fourth next to the sixth; then comes the eighth; the seventh is fifth, the fifth is sixth, the third is seventh, last and eighth comes the second. The largest (of fixed stars) is spangled, and the seventh (or sun) is brightest; the eighth (or moon) coloured by the reflected light of the seventh; the second and fifth (Saturn and Mercury) are in colour like one another, and yellower than the preceding; the third (Venus) has the whitest light; the fourth (Mars) is reddish; the sixth (Jupiter) is in whiteness second. Now the whole spindle has the same motion; but, as the whole revolves in one direction, the seven inner circles move slowly in the other, and of these the swiftest is the eighth; next in swiftness are the seventh, sixth, and fifth, which move together; third in swiftness appeared to move according to the law of this reversed motion the fourth; the third appeared fourth and the second fifth. The spindle turns on the knees of Necessity; and on the upper surface of each circle is a siren, who goes round with them, hymning a single tone or note. The eight together form one harmony; and round about, at equal intervals, there is another band, three in number, each sitting upon her throne: these are the Fates, daughters of Necessity, who are clothed in white robes and have chaplets upon their heads, Lachesis and Clotho and Atropos, who accompany with their voices the harmony of the sirens-- Lachesis singing of the past, Clotho of the present, Atropos of the future; Clotho from time to time assisting with a touch of her right hand the revolution of the outer circle of the whorl or spindle, and Atropos with her left hand touching and guiding the inner ones, and Lachesis laying hold of either in turn, first with one hand and then with the other. ...

If that ain't the dead alive, I don't what is. If you can't beat them, outlive them. :turtle: