Science Forums

The Cure For A.I.D.S. DISCOVERED !

use4d

To cure A.I.D.S, this is the recipe for the cure:

This is known as The Philosopher's Elixir.

Use4d, can you back up either of these claims?

AIDS is caused by a virus, HIV. 1/2 teaspoon of salt provides about half the recommended daily adult dietary intake. Consuming this amount of salt, either in 8 oz of water, or in other foods and liquids, has little effect on ones body. Most people with AIDS consume at least this amount of salt, yet are not cured.

The “Philosopher’s Elixir” is sometimes a synonym for the “Elixir of Life”, a mythical substance that confers immortality on one who drinks it. In the lore of alchemy, it is closely related to the Philosopher’s stone. Although alchemists were interested in dissolved salts of various kinds, no description of the Elixir that I’ve encountered suggests that it’s simply [ce]NaCl[/ce] dissolved in water.

It’s also the brand name of a reportedly hateful-tasting sports/energy drink featuring images from the Full Metal Alchemists anime series. (ranked first in a google search for “philosopher’s elixir” ;))

• 4 months later...