Science Forums

North American Union

Queso

Oh sure, but they'll have a *lot* less dinero to bribe the federales and the Presidente....

That's an interesting point. Though, I don't think it would play out like that in Mexico. It would probably go the opposite way, with the federales getting more in bed with the kingpins. It might bring more civil rest, but I don't think it would help overall.

In the US, it can work, because we don't have strong political pressure on capital hill or wall street from vigilante drug dealers (well, at least the illegal ones). But anyway...

I don't think North America is ready for a union yet. As maikeru said, we've all got our own problems to sort out first.

I dunno.

I really don't see the problem.

What would you think if a Russian from the soviet union had tell you the same?

As far as I know Americans haven't been risking everything including their lives to to live and work in the Soviet Union. Also I find it doubtful that many Americans would even think life is or would be better there.

On the other hand as is widely recognized by most persons here and elsewhere there are a very large number of Mexicans that do risk everything to come live here and many more that think life would be better here.

You aren't really comparing two similar situations...But if a russian were to tell me it would be good for us if our people were to accept the soviets offer to join our nations I'd tell him he was friggin nuts!....unless the US Govt. was to be the primary political power.

You in several places call your Govt./govt's actions evil...to me this implies that it would not bother you if they were to cease to be in power...of course I often think the same about our govt.......I dunno.....I still think it would be better for all in the long run if Mexico became #51 state.

State 51? Mexico is a nation of 31 states. Why would it be just one US state? I think it is more likely that a Latin American Union is formed than a union involving the US as a member state. The US is already its own collection of member states. And there is open enrollment to free nations/territories who vote to join and abide by the constitution.

Bill

Freeztar:

Indeed. But, it's deeper than a song. People will die for nationality as we see in most modern wars, they will die for family as we see in Romeo and Juliet and mafias, and they will die for rights as we saw with the American Civil War and the Civil Rights movement.

In other words, I don't think that pride in nationality (orgullo) is necessary for men to die for a cause. Culture is probably a larger factor.

Yes, is more complex than national fercor, but i explain it from my point of view.

I know several Mexicans that really want to live in the US, but they don't want to leave Mexico. It's a cultural tie

For each of that mexican, i can tell you about 10 mexicans that like to live in México. As i see, if that people want to get to the U.S. they can take his malinchista butt there, thats not a reason to became an indepent nation to a U.S. colonny.

Why is it evil for the government to fight narcotics trafficking?

What I find interesting is that they recently legalized small amounts of narcotics for possession in Mexico.

they do it to control de monopoly of drugs, they take bands, they do not take down the really big criminals, they fight against the people who is in drugs because they dont have many options.

DFinitibly disturbed:

As far as I know Americans haven't been risking everything including their lives to to live and work in the Soviet Union. Also I find it doubtful that many Americans would even think life is or would be better there.

Do you know that a lot fo people from sudamerica and centroamerica risk they´re lives to migrate to mexico? (and if you think the iligals that pass from mexico to U.S. have a difficult time, the ones that paas from guatemala and belize, have worst treat, and they have to fight against caimanes too -.-. and that doesent mean that guatemala and belize people want to be part of mexico.

also, maybe you ignore this, but a lot, alot fo people that migrate to the U.S. do not want to live there. they want WORK there. The cultural differences are to many, the most of people that migrate is from the countryside, they work there like 10, 15 years, they buy trucks, tv, and a lot of things and they return with they´re money they have earn all those years and live the rest of they´re lives in a little town in mexico.

I make my practice camp of the carrer in a town called, "valle de zaragoza" and it was part of the economy migrate to the U.S. some years and return with money and stuff to live here. Im nopt saying, is better or worst life there, its just different...

You in several places call your Govt./govt's actions evil...to me this implies that it would not bother you if they were to cease to be in power...of course I often think the same about our govt.......I dunno.....I still think it would be better for all in the long run if Mexico became #51 state.
well... if the U.S. dicide to do the things at its a fact it could anex mexico to his posesions. Probably they will send they´re tropps to kill 10 millions (more or less) of indians, under the excuse of narcotraffic, terrorism, or something like that. they will have a big problem eith mexican gangs here, with poilicial corruption, with appliying the federal laws they have there.

If they do not anex Mexico from the last war, is because they knew it would be more probelms to them than benefits.

And of course, you´re mexican friend will be death under a marine assault to chihuahua!,:eek:

P.D. the only thing i would like to see is what the U.S, goverment would do in México D.F.

Well, thats the imperialist way i know.