Science Forums

Police corruption

robnibg

The question is simple: do you think, that, overall, the police use their powers appropriately or not?

(P.S. How do I turn this into a poll?)

Yes, overall in the US I think the police use their powers appropriately.

To attach a poll, try clicking edit on your first post in the thread and scroll down to see an option to attach a poll. click yes you want it, and then submit, then the screen for filling out the poll title, options, etcetrera appears. Not sure if you need 10 posts before doing this or not.

That's a wrap. :turtle: :confused:

To attach a poll, try clicking edit on your first post in the thread and scroll down to see an option to attach a poll. click yes you want it, and then submit, then the screen for filling out the poll title, options, etcetrera appears. Not sure if you need 10 posts before doing this or not.

That's a wrap. :turtle: :confused:

the above is incorrect. in the thin blue bar above at the top of the thread, click on Thread Tools; there's an option to add a poll.

here in taiwan some are some aren't. overall i think they are good. but there is so much corrupt **** that goes down here i have to wonder....

i got my Marriage resident certificate before i was really married.....and many other such things i will leave un mentioned. police here are often paid off by people to do favours, and many are busted.

the thing that really gets me is many gangs here can race their scooters (actually its pretty funny to see) and the leader is often in front with a large sword drawn. they go in groups of 30+ and just go no looking. everyone has to stop. you hear of the odd person that has an accident with them and they end up beating them or killing them....but its not stopped. Basically gangs can do many things here while the cops turn a blind eye...until the public starts making noise.

so for the most part i have little faith in the police here. but damn they have giving traffic tickets down to a science!