Science Forums

Theory on Time

FuzzyDice

Einstein struggled with math all his life. He often needed help to formulate his ideas mathematically. He was most of all a philosopher and physicist. The maths was just a tool, and he didn't have enough of it.

Kinda interesting, though. I wonder if he would have managed the same things if he had been a math wizard. Mathematicians imagine how natural things can be presented in an abstract language. Phycisists try to put abstract ideas about the universe onto paper with as few words as possible... ;)

Infinate time might as well be zero time also .... and where infinite gravity effect time to infinity and zero potential gravity effects time to flow at its fastest rate .... gravity and time go hand in hand ... maybe gravity and time are just products of everything in the universe and dont really exist ... is this possible?

And can there be a point in the universe where time travels at its fastest rate .... ie with super high gravity time seems to slow down .. dialate .. can there be a region or pocket in space where time is moving faster so if a man was in that region he would see him self age twice as fast ... of somthing like that? ;)

If you want to get really into the theories of time, I strongly recommend reading some McTaggart (on the Passage of time) and some D.C. Williams. Of course, these two will lead you into the modern world of time, and you may begin to find that theories of time are actually very important to the future of science.

One of the problems in trying to unite General Relativity and Quantum Theory is that "time" plays the role of a coordinate (in 4D) in GR and plays a more temporal role (with uncertainty) in QT. Time is very important to understand.

If you want to get really into the theories of time, I strongly recommend reading some McTaggart (on the Passage of time) and some D.C. Williams. Of course, these two will lead you into the modern world of time, and you may begin to find that theories of time are actually very important to the future of science.

One of the problems in trying to unite General Relativity and Quantum Theory is that "time" plays the role of a coordinate (in 4D) in GR and plays a more temporal role (with uncertainty) in QT. Time is very important to understand.

Thanks, I will read your recommendations. It was my impression that time was not a factor at all in quantum theory, and that neither were the other local dimensions when discussing waves and especially string theory.