Science Forums

pgrmdave

It is possible to do something about the rep system. For example, we could display numbers instead of those squares. It might make things easier. The rep titles (ie, the phrase used for each rep level) can be customised so that they are more fitting with the site. Right now they sound as if they're taken out of a fantasy book or something.

I think we should have a rep contest...maybe so that the person who gets the most rep points until March 1 wins something...but what???

GAHD got a hoody for Christmas? Oh oh! Can I get one for my birthday on Feb 14th? That would SO rock but might have unforseen sensory misinterpritations since that day is usualy mistaken for the love day rather then my Bday. :hihi:

Keep on noseybrowning Irish and the results may not be what you expect.

January 18,

City 17

Dr Green

see that, Killean?

Dave took your idea and ran with it in a MAJOR way... he borrowed your very eloquent verbage and used it as his signature...

and would you look at that strange thing that happened... now he has TWO green cubes... (do you have any idea how hard it was for me to find recent posts by dave so that i could legally give him 3 more rep votes? that was fun though!!)

Tormod said:

Keep on noseybrowning Irish and the results may not be what you expect.

January 18,

City 17

Dr Green

:hihi:

Perhaps the prize could be a title change to Most Beloved Hypographer, or a specialy sanctioned avatar says as such, or maybe a T-Shirt with the above title printed on it below the Hypo logo.

IrishEyes said:

he borrowed your very eloquent verbage and used it as his signature...

:rant: He did too! That little sneak! But deep down it is nice to know that others will use my work to impress others. Look Ma! I'm famous! On the other hand, I can fill my signiture up with a lot of eloquent words for you Irish, since I write every day about fantasy it somtimes involves throwing woo about. But I ain't gunna take such a shortcut to you, it would rob me of the fun trying to break down the many walls, and scale that awsome cliff in which I have set you upon. Yeah, I know I should stop, but it's one of the things I do best.

I ain't gunna take such a shortcut to you, it would rob me of the fun trying to break down the many walls, and scale that awsome cliff in which I have set you upon.
And people wonder why a mole is sometimes referred to as a beauty mark.

Originally Posted by Killean

Perhaps the prize could be a title change to Most Beloved Hypographer

Ooohh, I SO love the art of humbleness.

Well, Killean, I'm having a really hard time with this one... You DID write the words, but Dave put it out there for all to see... :hihi:

I guess I'll have to bestow the honor of Most Beloved Hypographer at the HCNA05, so we'll wait and see who shows up, eh?

Seriously though, you guys have been great at keeping my mind otehrwise occupied for the past few days. Thanks so much!!!

Three Thousand Posts. There. 3 , 0 0 0. Three. Thousand. Posts.

Oh. Now I need a break.

Hey, I thought you were taking the lovely young miss to the Reptile House today...?

Quit making your lead bigger and go look at some snakes...

or didi sleep right through that?

i'm telling you, Tormod - it's getting harder and harder to keep up if you log out for more than a few hours anymore. and have you noticed that the 'newest member' changes so fast now? remember when we waited weeks, wondering who was going to be #500??? there was a whole thread dedicated to that topic.

Good job, friend!

Tormod said:

Ah. So you don't play Half-Life 2, then. :rant:

Naw, havn't yet but would like to in the future. Been psyched ever since I saw the developer clip.

IrishEyes said:

Well, Killean, I'm having a really hard time with this one... You DID write the words, but Dave put it out there for all to see...

I guess I'll have to bestow the honor of Most Beloved Hypographer at the HCNA05, so we'll wait and see who shows up, eh?

Seriously though, you guys have been great at keeping my mind otehrwise occupied for the past few days. Thanks so much!!!

I suppose I will have to come up with some more material for you and do the same as Dave. Me feels a war for yon maidens hand approaching. Fear not mi'lady, for I shall ner're let such a war get close to thee, nor shall it invade the land known known as Hypogia.

Tormod:

Three Thousand Posts. There. 3 , 0 0 0. Three. Thousand. Posts.

Oh. Now I need a break.

Way to go! Here's to 3000 more! :hihi:

Hey, I thought you were taking the lovely young miss to the Reptile House today...?

Yeah, we went there! It was fun, seeing gekkos and crocs and spiders and frogs and, er, a parrot (a well-known member of the reptile family). I think Jenny had a blast.

Then we went and got her a CD player, a really really cheap one so she can smash it up if she wants (she's four years old for those who haven't heard about my daughter yet) and now she is sitting in her loft bed listening to all her CDs, unable to listen to more than half a song on each because the coolest thing in the world right now is just to press the stop button, open the CD tray, change CD, close tray, press "Play".

Another technology convert. :rant:

i'm telling you, Tormod - it's getting harder and harder to keep up if you log out for more than a few hours anymore. and have you noticed that the 'newest member' changes so fast now? remember when we waited weeks, wondering who was going to be #500??? there was a whole thread dedicated to that topic.

Yeah...it's incredible. It's probably the snowball effect in practice. :hihi: And so many cool new people, too!

From pgrmdave's signiture:

IrishEyes, light of my life, you are all I adore. Your posts are like a fragrant flower among weeds. Everything I do is only with thoughts of you, say the word, and I will attend to your every need.

What is it you want, Irish? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down.

Nope. Nevermind. Would not be terribly original of me to do somthing in my sig, so I might just have to step it up a notch. Or not. Maybe it would be best if I took Tormod's advise, and stop before somthing bad happens. But if I were to stop now when Dave has upped the ante in this high stakes game, I would wither and die inside, knowing that what is left of my honor has been defeated. Such a dilema I am faced with. But communication with GAHD as I type this, I think I might just concede.

Good show Dave.