Science Forums

How do?

teacher

So, 10 posts before I get to post links to my drawings and rants.

Shame that.

All right, lettuce do it this way.

I am out and about spreading the gospel of pyramids on this train wreck of a tour called...

"teacher's pyramid crusade and travelling menegerie".

See, I moved safes and other heavy stuff for a company so cheap we didn't even have a forklift.

Turns out I was using the same tools available to the builders of the Egyptian pyramids.

I've quite the presentation prepared, in simple drawings, of those methods I used to move heavy stuff, adapted slightly, to show how the pyramids could have been easily built.

With rollers and levers.

Given everything was staged and ready, I can get the Great Pyramid done in under two years.

And I'm gonna prove it.

It's very simple.

Chew on that for a while.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe I can get through these ten posts right here on this thread defending myself against folks coming and telling me I'm nuts.

Which is besides the point.

Maybe get to brag and boast and gloat and make many outlandish grandious claims that will futher incite and cause much naysaying.

That way when I DO get to link the victory will be much sweeter.

Of course the building of pyramids is nuttin but the moving and stacking of heavy objects.

I can raise obelisks, contruct Shonehenge, all the world's other pyramids, ancient Greek and Roman structures, the Jupiter Stones, Coral Castle, the big heads of Easter island, all very simple.

I'm gonna show that every theory that has come before mine is garbage.

Come up with by archaeologists, I call them dirt-sifters, who are fine at doing just that, but let the blue collar types come up with the stuff that they have done for a living.

Make sence?

Now, the wonderful things I will soon bestow upon you have allready been viewed at least 100,000 times. I always ask for a flaw to be pointed out.

How I have NOT come up with the simplest, fastest, safest way to get the job done.

Not once has this been done.

Cause to me all the Giza area is is one big job site.

Oh yea, I can't spell to save my life.

But bad spelling does not keep a bunch of blocks from getting stacked.

I went out looking for a site filled with people of intelligence that I could discuss science with.

I'm posting here instead.

Aloha. You're interesting. Keep talking. I want to see it.

Thank you, but, that ain't interesting, this is...

Tell me this is not the coolest idea ever.

Beside girls with beer.

Lettuce see if you are ready for my first idea.

This is huge.

Know what shooting stars are?

(Sound of Monkeys snoring).

They are meteors that hit the Earth's atmosphere. They going real fast like. So fast that the friction of the air makes them burn up. You make a wish, and next thing you know orbsycli has a toothless gay circus midget knocking on his door with a six pack of warm PBR.

Now the average size of one of those fleeting shooting stars is the size of a grain of sand or salt.

Amazing you can see such a small thing zip from so far away.

Different elements burn different colors.

Your average incandesant light bulb has Tungston I think as the filimant, which burns white. Iron, like in a blacksmith's forge, burns red. I'm hoping Colbolt burns blue, but I'm just guessing.

Imagine how many grains of sand would fit in a 55 gallon drum?

(image of Carl Sagan saying "a lot").

On the 4th of July, say 9 PM pacific time, some guy on the space shuttle or space station kicks that drum out at a time and place so that the grains of Tungston, Iron and Colbolt reenter the Earth's atmosphere all over the Mighty US of A.

What do you got?

Billions and billions of red, white and blue shooting stars at the time and place of your choosing.

Any idea how many of your tax dollars are used for fireworks shows accross the nation?

(image of Carl Sagan saying "a lot").

In the long run this would cost less, looks cooler, and you don't have to pile your brats into the station wagon and drive 50 miles and get rained on.

You get to sit in your back yard while said brats bring you cold ones.

There's a lot more to this idea.

:photos:

That's quite an amusing read. :)

Now the average size of one of those fleeting shooting stars is the size of a grain of sand or salt.

Amazing you can see such a small thing zip from so far away.

I do not think calling a grain-of-salt sized meteor "average" is correct, as far as size is concerned. Also, it is not friction that causes the release of light. Here's a quote from wiki on these sand grain sized meteors entering the atmosphere:

A meteor is the visible event that occurs when a meteoroid or asteroid enters the earth's atmosphere and becomes brightly visible. For bodies with a size scale larger than the atmospheric mean free path (10 cm to several metres) the visibility is due to the heat produced by the ram pressure (not friction, as is commonly assumed) of atmospheric entry. Since the majority of meteors are from small sand-grain size meteoroid bodies, most visible signatures are caused by electron relaxation following the individual collisions between vaporized meteor atoms and atmospheric constituents. The meteor is just what we see.

Meteoroid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, back to the pyramids, it reminds me of reading about the Coral Castle (I was obsessed with it for a while). He claimed to know the secrets of leverage and mass that enabled the historic cultures to erect massive structures with primitive means. For some reason he took this secret to his grave. If you know the same knowledge, then it would ease the minds of countless scholars that have studied the pyramids and other massive structures. My guess is that you do not have such knowledge (that's where I'd put my money), but I really hope I'm wrong. :sweat:

:)

That's quite an amusing read. ;)

Thankee.

I do not think calling a grain-of-salt sized meteor "average" is correct, as far as size is concerned.

Hey, it's what I've read. Often.

Also, it is not friction that causes the release of light.

Yep? Friction. Same thing that makes the shuttles wing edges glow hot on reentry. Like, you know, rubbing two sticks together? Very simple.

Your little link there says "for bodies larger than 10 cm" the glow is from pressure. I ain't talking about that. Stuff that big hits the ground.

So, back to the pyramids, it reminds me of reading about the Coral Castle (I was obsessed with it for a while).

Good ol' Ed. What a showman.

He claimed to know the secrets of leverage and mass that enabled the historic cultures to erect massive structures with primitive means. For some reason he took this secret to his grave. If you know the same knowledge, then it would ease the minds of countless scholars that have studied the pyramids and other massive structures. My guess is that you do not have such knowledge (that's where I'd put my money), but I really hope I'm wrong. ;)

Hey, a few more posts and I'll prove it to you.

And it doesn't ease the minds of the scolars.

In fact they are quite distressed about what I've come up with.

See, I'm taking away the goose that laid the golden egg on this one.

Everything they have said in the past is wrong, stupidly wrong.

And I point that out with much glee.

So, what do you wanna bet?

Got a sister?

NASA lies.

Far as I can tell.

Gonna try and get more than one post outta this.

Got images to show. Just killing time, nutting to see here, move along.

So NASA claims one of the reasons that we need to invest in the space program is possible colinization/terrafroming and what not of Mars.

I thought Mars has not a spinning core?

You know, the thing that sets up a Electro Magnetic Field?

Keeps all that nasty solar radiation away from Earth, our EMF does, keeps freeztar from growing a fourth nipple.

Nuttin is gonna grow or live long on the surface of Mars.

Especially if a big CME goes that why.

Now there's a nice tan.

Now I can understand NASA wanting public interest to fuel funding for their program, and lying to Americans is easy to get away with cause they are stupid and too busy keeping up with "Dancing with the Stars" and all.

But there is a better, and truthful way...

my man made shooting star idea.

See, Joe and Marsha, Marsha, Marsha six pack can get thier tiny brains around a gazillion shooting stars where and when we want them.

"Dude (sip) Nasa is cool (belch), next time I'm gonna drop and tab and watch the trails, man, lettuce write our (sip) leaders and pay for more of these shows, maybe get them to pay teacher some cash for being such a swell guy and coming up with this."

They don't understand the way getting to space drives science, materials development, the fact that there's no stinking gravity and that is a factor not achievable on Earth for R+D and the like.

They want cash for foodstamps and the now.

NASA using my idea could way increase the interest (and funding) of them.

But then, they are a government agency...

So years back I e-mailed NASA.

They wrote back, saying they couln't use my idea as I didn't offer it in one of the two accepted formats they look at.

See, I offered it for free.

Gotta love government.

Friggin retards. Lowest bid wins on sumpin they want to launch into the vacum of space and glow red hot coming back.

No wonder we've lost two shuttles.

Should be building a SSTO.

I thought Mars has not a spinning core?

You know, the thing that sets up a Electro Magnetic Field?

Keeps all that nasty solar radiation away from Earth, our EMF does, keeps freeztar from growing a fourth nipple.

it is Earth's atmosphere that stops solar & cosmic radiation from reaching the surface, not the magnetic field. >> http://hypography.com/forums/earth-science/2966-switching-poles-4.html

in spite of how many times you 'heard' friction heats incoming space rocks, it is still wrong; the heat comes from compressing atmosphereic gasses as freezy and his nipples said.

looking forward to your mechanical lifting means. :) ;)

Welcome!

So, 10 posts before I get to post links to my drawings and rants.
Teacher, you don’t have to post exclusively in your intro thread until you reach magic post #10 and can post links.

You seem to have more on your mind than only the practical construction techniques of the pyramids – feel free to start a thread on one of those, or reply to some of the threads in progress. There are several threads here already, which you can find using the search feature, including 12151, which seems to be exactly in your subject area.

it is Earth's atmosphere that stops solar & cosmic radiation from reaching the surface, not the magnetic field.

UV for sure. Not charged particles from the solar wind.

in spite of how many times you 'heard'

it's a phrase. "Read in books" work better for you?

friction heats incoming space rocks, it is still wrong; the heat comes from compressing atmosphereic gasses as freezy and his nipples said.

So, you got this rock moving real fast like, air molecules rushing by it, and there's no friction is what you are saying?

looking forward to your mechanical lifting means. :) ;)

Not so much lifting. My blocks never get more than 8" off the ground, and are always mostly level.

Welcome!Teacher, you don’t have to post exclusively in your intro thread until you reach magic post #10 and can post links.

I know this. This ain't my first rodeo. But I pester many sites with "teacher's pyramid crusade and travelling menagerie" and it gets hard to keep up with if I don't kinda keep to one spot on each site.

Which is very easy to do cause after i start posing the fine art, you'll come to me.

You seem to have more on your mind than only the practical construction techniques of the pyramids – feel free to start a thread on one of those, or reply to some of the threads in progress. There are several threads here already, which you can find using the search feature, including 12151, which seems to be exactly in your subject area.

I appreaciate the help, but I know these things. What I'd like to know is how are you guys about posting links to other sites, other forums where I got stuff, say I get a question and I don't wanna go over that rant again and just link to the appropriate prepared material.

Or, for instance, I'm doiong obelisks and Stonehenge on my buds site and it stays there. Can I link to that stuff, or are you guys all inbred and clanish, protecting your sisters, so to speak.

And this makes 10.

Show time.

I guess the Engineering and Applied Sciences forum will be the place to show how to build a pyramid.

Gonna call it "How to build a pyramid" oddly enough.

Gotta warn you, I know this stuff.

Giddyup!

it is Earth's atmosphere that stops solar & cosmic radiation from reaching the surface, not the magnetic field.

UV for sure. Not charged particles from the solar wind.

i simply disagree; the link i gave covers the topic thoroughly. >> http://hypography.com/forums/earth-science/2966-switching-poles-4.html

So, you got this rock moving real fast like, air molecules rushing by it, and there's no friction is what you are saying?

no;what i said is that the heating is not from friction, rather the fast moving rock compresses the atmospheric gasses in front of it (they can't get away because of the speed ~20,000mph+-) which superheats the gasses (ever fill a SCUBA cylinder? ever open the valve on a SCUBA cylinder with out a regulator? which heats & why? which cools & why?). the superheated gasses then heat the rock by conduction and the rock glows as it vaporizes and ablates.

there is also space dust, which literally rains down on Earth and because of its slow speed it never heats up. Space Dust Flooding Our Solar System ;)