Science Forums

LaTeX update: Read this before posting!

Actually then, its a question of whether or not it should have an <a> tag around it at all.

Any way to turn that off alex?

href= :umno:

Buffy

Just adding a class="math" to the a href would solve this - it's easy to add a new class to the stylesheet.

Here is a [math ] error that I found. Here is [math ]:

[math]\bar {\frac{1}{2} mv^2} = \frac {3}{2}kT [/math]

[math ] does not put the bar over the whole ½mv² like [latex ] does:

[math]\bar {\frac{1}{2} mv^2} = \frac {3}{2}kT [/math]

Andrew A. Gray

Actually then, its a question of whether or not it should have an <a> tag around it at all.

yes, yes we should, how else are you planning to make the whole thing with showing the latex line for the equation work?

i'll look into it if T gives me permission to.... transfered to another department now, have access to scienceforums and time (sometimes) to tinker with it :lol:

you mean like this:

[math]

\overline{\frac{1}{2} mv^2} = \frac {3}{2}kT

[/math]

its because default font for the math tag is smaller then for latex tag, so it doesn't do it with bar, but if you are a little more creative and look at this page:

Latex Math Symbols

you can see that using overline would achieve similar results

\bar in real latex is actually for overlining a single character, mimetex (what runs the latex tag) in order to save space and time needed for coding in the 2 different tags, actually made them into one...

ok i took out the line that will highlight those links like that for you, um, the line in there for a:hover is still in there, so when your cursor is over the image, the image will still highlight (figured if you have 2 or 3 math images in line, this would at least provide you with the ability to see where one ends and another one picks up :lol:

tell me if there is anything else you guys need :)

the other thing with the bar issue is the you were trying to put it over mv^2 but had bar over the entier 1/2 mv^2 (or so i think anyways)

bar is a small bar

overline is a continuous one

[math]

\frac{1}{2} \bar{mv^2} = \frac {3}{2}kT

[/math]

[math]

\frac{1}{2}\overline{mv^2}=\frac{3}{2}kT

[/math]

or overline the whole thing like i did before :)

Thanx for the tips,

I suggest that you put all your latex/mimetex/math/tex references together in the beginning of this sticky so that we can get some dang references when needed. There always seems to be something that you cannot do in tex/math that you need to look up. And guess what? The references are always incomplete, and never seem to have what you need.

Is there a reference that covers everything?

Andrew A. Gray

yeah, i dont see it at all either (otherwise how would i have declared a fix).... give it some time your page could be cached, if not, i will have to ask you to do some things (more or less advanced web stuff), just hope that you have firefox :shrug:

It was gone when you first posted the update that it'd been fixed. I liked it, and thought, "Cool!"

Then yesterday, it was back. See screenshot. I'm on a corporate lappy. Firefox install not an option. IE, and IE only. I can deal if the fix won't work with M$, but it seems rather peculiar nonetheless. Cheers. :phones:

[ATTACH]1621[/ATTACH]