Science Forums

Ode to Maverick

Tormod

Actually, I'm listening to it right now...and it totally rocks! The only problem is that it reminds me of being out to sea... I actually did a deployment on the USS Enterprise, where the movie was filmed. Too young to be there WHEN it was filmed, Tinny, in case you were wondering :hihi:

But that's really amazing, Tormod. I know the song is not FROM the movie, but it still has a very Cruise-ish feel to it. I can almost hear Mav and Goose talking to each other, waiting for Joker to shoot them down and Iceman to make some ridiculously cheesy comment...

Good job, T!!

Actually, I'm listening to it right now...and it totally rocks! The only problem is that it reminds me of being out to sea... I actually did a deployment on the USS Enterprise, where the movie was filmed.

Oh...for a moment I read "Starship Enterprise" there. :hihi:

But that's really amazing, Tormod. I know the song is not FROM the movie, but it still has a very Cruise-ish feel to it. I can almost hear Mav and Goose talking to each other, waiting for Joker to shoot them down and Iceman to make some ridiculously cheesy comment...

Good job, T!!

Thanks! I spent a lot of time with it and am quite happy with it myself. Already got some good reviews in the competition. I never win but who cares...it's making the song that's the fun part.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't get it. Explain, please...

Didn't I mention it? I'm participating in a contest at one of the larges music forums on the web. The point is to write a piece of music that reflects the kind of song that got me into music in the first place.

The only thing I could think of was "Top Gun Anthem".

All who participate must also vote, by giving 10 songs from 1 to 10 points. Anyways, after 9 out of about 25 participants have cast their votes, I have 4 points. :)

I take it nobody actually listened to the song and liked it?

Tormod,

I just listened to it... Way Kewl, dude!

You mentioned it coming from the Top Gun anthem with Tom Cruise, et al.

At first I was thinking you might have meant the cowboy character from the 60's played by James Garner.

Oops, did I show my age. :)

I'm going to send it home, so that I can have it on my iPod... :) oooowooo, hmmmm....

Maddog