Science Forums

Recent Post?

Guest chendoh

Guest chendoh

In the recent post area of the fourms page it is showing me as making a post in the 'do you wear glasses poll' at 4:40pm today 05-07-07.

I assure you that this is impossible, because of the fact that my Pc was powered down at that time.

Last week, J-Qu made a reference to the time stamp for his post as being

incorrect.

Is it time for server maintenence?....or possibly ;) growing pains :juggle:

of ;) Hypography NG 2.0 :)

Guest chendoh

Yes , But

I assure you that this is impossible, because of the fact that my Pc was powered down at that time.

As a matter of fact, this 'Recent Post' query at 7:11pm today , which is listed correctly in the 'Recent Post' area, is the only business that I have contracted with Hypography today......:)

The last poster was me, but it was at 05-05-2007, 08:52 AM

What's up with the 4:40pm today? 05-07-07.......;)

Again:

In any thread with a poll, it splits thusly.

The final post will show the timestamp of that post.

However,

When a user votes in the thread, the RECENT POSTS timestamp for that thread will indicate the time of the vote.

This becomes confusing since the "final post" shown in the thread may have happened months ago. The updated timestamp shown in the RECENT POSTS is based on the vote OR the final post, whichever happened last.

So, if I post "Sushi is the bestest. I last had eel, and love the little bursty orange eggies," on Friday May 4, but then a user votes in the thread without posting on Monday May 7, the recent posts will show the Monday May 7 timestamp, despite the last post coming Friday May 4.

Mui Claro? :)