Science Forums

Space time tells mass how to move, mass tells space time how to curve. The physics of the big bang...

If you unkinked the curved space time inside of a microscopic worm hole that was inside of a tank of hundreds of other microscopic worm holes, would it do anything?

If it would do something, then what?

Why or why not?

Uhm...say again? "Unkink the curved spacetime inside of a microscopic wormhole"...?

Apart from wormholes being a purely speculative phenomenon, I don't think we can say anything about what spacetime would look like inside a wormhole. In fact, a wormhole is a (theoretical) *shortcut* through spacetime.

From a purely science fiction standpoint it sounds like an interesting question, but I'm not sure I understand what "it" is. Would what do anything? :naughty:

No one knows what the mass of energy released from curved space time unkinking is.

Oh of course not, not unless we knew that the singularity caused the big bang. And unless we knew what the size of the singularity was and what the size of the big bang was.

Sorry for this topic.:hihi: :hihi: :doh:

And to think if I used my imagination, I could have calculated it all myself.:naughty: :hihi: :hihi:

Uhm...say again? "Unkink the curved spacetime inside of a microscopic wormhole"...?

Apart from wormholes being a purely speculative phenomenon, I don't think we can say anything about what spacetime would look like inside a wormhole. In fact, a wormhole is a (theoretical) *shortcut* through spacetime.

From a purely science fiction standpoint it sounds like an interesting question, but I'm not sure I understand what "it" is. Would what do anything? :naughty:

Actually a worm hole is curved space time, a long distance curved into a short distance. But worm holes are speculative.